Friday, June 27, 2008

Thanks for being our Customer for Over 4 years...

now please accept this over inflated bill as our eternal gratitude for your four years of using our service! You have got to be kidding me.

Sprint recently sent me an e-mail thanking me for being with them since 2003 and then today I check my bill and found out that they have over charged me by over $50! And how did they do that? They charged me roaming charges. Keeping in mind that my cell phone is mostly used at home or at the children's school a mile from our house and Joe's is used at home or at his work 3 miles from home. We mostly just call each other with our cell phones. He'll call me when he's on a break at work mostly. All of these roaming charges were charged to my husband's phone and all of the calls were made to me. We actually got a double whammy. First we were charged roaming charges and then we were charged roaming long distance charges. Can someone please tell me how being three miles from home is long distance??? I'm really having a hard time with this one.

Now it's 1 a.m. and I'm up and stewing mad. Everyone in the house but me and CJ are asleep. So while it crossed my mind that I probably could call now I'm not too sure how quiet I could be, and I don't want to wake up the whole house. So now I have to try to go to sleep, whenever I can get CJ to fall asleep that is, with this on my mind. I guess this is what I get for paying bills online at midnight.

And you know the sad thing about all of this is this isn't the first time I've had them over charge me for something. The last time I was over charged it took me months to get them to finally start billing me correctly. I'm hoping I get a person who knows what he's talking about when I call first thing in the morning about this.

I'm not too clear on roaming charges. I know our plan didn't include it which is fine because we rarely leave the state anyways. When we got our plan way back in 2003 I happen to recall them telling us we can go anywhere in the tri state area (CT, NY, and NJ) and we would NOT be charged roaming charges. So I'm pretty sure three miles from our home would have to equal no roaming charges as well. Especially since we've never been roaming in the past.

This could just be the thing that finally gets me to leave Sprint. Has anyone had any wonderful experiences with their cellular phone company that you would highly recommend that I try? Please share any thoughts with me on how to stop getting over charged by my cell phone company. I'm really getting tired of this.

0 comments: