Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Happy 21st Birthday

Dear Natalie,

Well, here it is, your 21st birthday. You are now a full fledged adult in the eyes of the law anyways. You however have been living your life as a full fledged adult for the last 10 months. This year is so surreal. We don't get to see each other and celebrate you in person because of the Coronavirus. You don't get to do everything you had hoped you would do today. But we will make the best out of it anyways and do everything we can to make this day special for you. And hey, when this is all over you get a whole other day of celebrating you. So that's something to look forward to.

You and I have been struggling the last few years as we figure out our relationship and where we go from here. This last year I feel like maybe we are making a turn. I don't know if you feel the same way. I just hope you remember that I will always be here for you no matter what. If you are struggling you can come to me and I will do everything in my power to help you out. No matter how old you get I will be here for you.

I hope this year brings you so much happiness and another step closer to figuring out your future. Just remember, what you always thought you wanted to do with your life just might lead you to a different path and that's okay. Now is the perfect time to explore all of your options. I know you will figure this all out, just remember you are not alone. So many people care about you and are willing to help you figure all of this out. Whatever you decide in the end, know that I am proud of you.

Happy 21st birthday Nat. I love you.

Love always,

Mommy


0 comments: