Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Happy 21st Birthday Kaitlyn

 Dear Kaitlyn,

Twenty-one wonderful years of watching you grow and learn. I don't think I could admire anyone more than I have admired you. With your great will and tenacity to do whatever you set your mind to with all of the roadblocks that get thrown in your way. The things you have experienced in your short life I truly believe would have made me crumble. But they have just made you stronger and more determined. I have always loved that so much about you.

This is a big birthday. And as usual you have lots of big plans for the year ahead. I am so looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds. Daddy and I will always be here for you. And just know, just because I might not be jumping up and down with excitement when you tell me one of your plans, or I tell you I don't think something is a good idea, that 100% does not mean I think you're stupid. I could never ever think that about you. Not after everything you have overcome in your life. I'm just a mom who worries and wants to protect you from ever getting hurt. Doesn't mean I am right though. You have to make your own choices in life and I know that, but it doesn't mean I'm going to stop playing devil's advocate for you if I think you should look at something from a different point of view.

I want you to go out there and live your life however you see fit. And Daddy and I will be proud of you no matter what. Because you are a good, kind, considerate and helpful person. We know only good things are meant to happen for you.

I miss the little girl you used to be, but absolutely love the beautiful, strong, confident young woman you have become. Happy birthday Katie Kiddles! I hope all of your dreams come true.

Love always,

Mom

P.S. Sorry there's no picture, but you know how you are with having your picture taken ;).

0 comments: