Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy 7th Birthday CJ

Dear CJ,

All my life I dreamed of the day I would have children. I always wanted a son, but you turned out to be way more than I could have ever dreamed for. You are always making me laugh with the things you say and do.

This year you have begun to love the sport of baseball with me. Well, more importantly the Mets. I love that we can share that together.

This has been such a big year for you. Going to school all day long, but you have handled it with stride. I on the other hand still miss you like crazy everyday and find myself anxiously awaiting your arrival home. We don't get special lunch dates together very often anymore, but when we do it's time that I truly cherish with you.

As you grow older my wish for you is that you remain courteous and funny. Keep making people laugh, but choose that time wisely. Don't you ever give up on things that are tough for you. The reward I promise you will be great.

Keep asking questions and sharing that beautiful mind of yours with others. Give of yourself freely and always know that I am here for you if you ever need me for anything. I will love you no matter what you do, even if you spend the rest of your days in 1st grade on orange. Still, continue to work hard to make the right choices which make me smile. But don't do it for me, do it for you to make yourself smile.

Have a great 7th birthday and whatever you do, don't eat too much pizza!

I love you with all of my heart CJ.

Love always,
Mommy


0 comments: