Monday, February 2, 2015

Happy 4th Birthday Alyssa

Dear Alyssa,

Wow! 4 years! I can't believe it has been 4 years since you made your surprise entrance into this world a day earlier than expected, preserving our family birthdays of 1's and 2's. You must have known my secret obsession with numbers and patterns. I mean really, you couldn't have picked a better day to be born either, at least number wise.

This has been a really big year for you. You started school this year. And as I suspected you are a very well liked and very bright little girl. Starting to sing your ABC's and learning how to spell your name. S is your favorite letter, good thing there are two of those in your name.

You have been navigating friendships and really coming out of your shell. One thing I will caution you against is don't be so quick to want to do and have everything your friends do and have. You have a mind of your own and a spectacularly brilliant style. Let it shine and always be you. That fun loving sassy and sweet little girl, who has a knack for driving us crazy while simultaneously making us laugh. I never want you to lose that about yourself.

I can't wait to see what this year is going to bring for you as you continue to learn many new things. I love you my sweet little monkey and I hope today and the whole year are filled with happiness and plenty of laughs and smiles.

Love always,
Mommy

0 comments: