Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Whole Bunch of Stuff

Wow, it's been a long time since I've updated on things here. Things are getting crazy. First of all let me tell you about CJ. His helmet is still causing him to have a rash. Here are some pictures of it.

So last Thursday when we went to Cranial Tech for his appointment they didn't really know what to make of it. Because it's not all over his head they don't think he's allergic. They were thinking it was just because of the heat and he sweats too much in it. So they decided to hold onto his band for a few days, let his head heal, and then return Monday to have it checked again and see if the rash will come back when they put the band back on.

So yesterday we went back down. His head had mostly healed up. They put the band back on and almost instantly the redness came back. So now they think I'm just not getting the band clean enough. So I am to scrub it every few hours with a dry cloth and dry his head really well before I put the band back on. We can't keep leaving him out of it because it's not going to do it's job and eventually he'll grow out of it. There's no sort of barrier we can put in there either apparently. Now we have to go back in a week to see how he's doing. The rash is still there with my cleaning though. I'm not sure what their next step will be if we can't clear up his head.

We went for his 9 month check up today. I know it's a month late, but they were booked in August. So we went today. I waited forever to see the doctor too. Not fun. But anyways, everything is good. He weighs 18 pounds 5.6 ounces and is 28 inches long. This is all wonderful news. His %tiles are all above 10 now. So the doctor was very pleased. She has upped his reflux meds as he has been spitting up more lately. She looked at his head and first of all I have to say she notices a difference already in the shape of his head. I've thought I've noticed it too, but it's so hard to tell when you see him everyday. So hearing it from someone else is good too. As far as his rash goes she does believe that he is allergic to the material in it even though it's not all over his head. She says it's where it's touching his head. She thinks he's developing eczema. However, she thinks the benefits of the band outweigh the rash problems. So as long as he's tolerating it she says to just keep letting him wear it and take it off if it's getting too bad or looking infected and let it heal. She says once he's out of the band we can deal with the eczema. So we'll try to last a little longer with this if we can. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad. Maybe the cooler weather and less sweating will help matters.

That's pretty much what's been going on with CJ. Now about the girls. They are both doing great in school so far. I did have to go pick them both up from school early today. They have lice AGAIN. I cannot get rid of this stuff. The school nurse says to get the nits out we just need to keep combing and she'd help. When I bring them back tomorrow if we come a little early we can comb through their hair and hopefully get rid of this once and for all. I am getting so tired of the lice drill. And it's just them who gets it. Never me and Joe. I don't get it. So other than that they are doing great. Getting into the swing of things at school.

Now changes for me! I am going back to work. Just part time a few evenings a week when Joe is home from work so he can watch the kids. I got a job at Kohl's. They just called today to set up my Orientation. I go next Tuesday for that and then hopefully can get on the schedule for a few days of training next week too. Funny thing about this. The person who interviewed me called me up today to offer me the job and then he tells me it was funny seeing you at the PTA meeting last night. Ummm, what you were there? You have a child in the same school as mine? You live near me? Crazy, I feel a little embarrassed that I didn't notice him. He was sitting behind me though with his children. His wife was sitting in front of me and seemed very helpful. They are new to the school this year. What a small world this is though. This should help me though when I need nights off for school events. Since he'll be my boss I'm sure he'd like to see these events go off well for his child. I think this is going to work out well. I get a discount too which will be very handy for the upcoming holidays. So I'm excited and nervous. I haven't worked in over 9 years since Natalie was just a baby. So this is kind of hard for me. At least I don't have to pay for childcare though.

So that's what's been going on in the Barnes Bunch. I need to go now. Time to comb out the girls hair and vacuum the entire apartment. Loads of fun.