Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lake Compounce bring a buddy day

Today we had made plans with an old childhood friend of Joe's to go to an amusement park. It was bring a buddy day. It was such a beautiful day. Very crowded though. Small world with Joe's childhood friend, she went to school with my brother. She remembers him a little. I showed her a more recent picture of him and she said he looks the same.

Anyways, I have no pictures to share. I had my camera, but it seems that with taking care of the baby I had a hard time getting pictures. I don't think I went on a single ride. That's okay though. The kids had a great time. It was an exhausting day. Natalie was really unsure about the whole thing because Joe's friend has 3 boys. She didn't think she wanted to hang out with all boys. Turns out they weren't too bad though. She actually enjoyed them. The kids hit it off pretty well.

I got sunburn. Shame on me. I make sure the kids are protected from the sun, but somehow I never get enough sunblock on myself. My own fault. I know better. It was a day full of swings, bumper cars, roller coaster, water park (with really cold water), more bumper cars, more roller coasters, ghost hunts, more swings, games, a lost child, a found child, and complete exhaustion. That's what spending from 11:30 in the morning until almost 8 at night will do to you though.

Our summer is getting off to an exciting start!

0 comments: