Friday, August 29, 2008

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes



Remember me mentioning here that Natalie wasn't happy with her assigned teacher? We tried to change it before school started due to the adjusting to a sub and then her regular teacher all at once. It didn't happen that way. We were told that it could still happen after school started, but I didn't think it would happen as quickly as it did.

Yesterday, ten minutes into the very first day of school the principal came in and switched Natalie into the class she wanted to be in. He didn't even ask her if she still wanted to move. I didn't even find out until I was standing in the gym waiting for her to come down. And here I am looking for a different teacher when all of a sudden I see her standing with this other teacher. I thought maybe they just sent her down with that other teacher, but when I asked Natalie about it she had been moved. I didn't think after finding out her best friend was in her class that she would want to change classes, but she didn't really have a choice in the matter and honestly she doesn't seem too broken up about it. So the picture above is Natalie with her new teacher. He is a funny guy. When I took that picture he messed with Natalie's hair and told her we needed to cover up her freckles. I said there's no covering all those freckles. Look at how tall he is compared to Natalie. I barely was able to get Natalie in the picture without cutting off her teacher's head.

And today Natalie couldn't wait to get to school. What a difference from yesterday. She had her backpack on and was waiting by the door ten minutes before we had to leave. I wonder how long that excitement will last for.

8 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

She looks so happy! I hope she has a great year :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm glad things worked out for you. Hopefully, it will make the year a lot smoother for her and you.

Susan said...

After teaching elementary school for nine years, I love reading stories like this one. Kids don't always get the teachers they want, but when they do it tends to be a very memorable school year. I hope that is true for your daughter.

Aracely said...

Your kids are beautiful, and her teachers a cutie too.
(I always developed a crush on my male teachers) Thanks for stopping in.

Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

I'm encouraged that you were able to switch teachers we are going through that here also and it looks like if it happens at all it will be after school starts. We will have all of ours in school next Tuesday! Your kids are adorable.

Unknown said...

oh hurray! I'm so glad she's going in excited--a world of difference.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

SO glad she got the teacher she wanted!

I tagged you on my blog! Click here

Anonymous said...

Very nice post! :)