Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Questions

Jessica from Farm Fresh invited her readers to join in on her All About Me and Christmas questions. So here are my answers. Feel free to do this on your own as well.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Definitely Hot Chocolate

2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Some he wraps in special paper. The Santa Bears usually remain unwrapped and anything too big or awkward to wrap.

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white?
Colored and a lot of them. Actually we have a prelit tree with white lights, but hubby adds more and more colored lights every year. He's so excited he found his favorite chaser lights to put on the tree this year.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. We don't have one :(.

5.When do you put your decorations up?
Usually after Thanksgiving, but this year we haven't gotten around to it yet. And actually the only reason we're even doing it this year is for the kids.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
I don't know that I really have one. Maybe the ham.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
The year we got a Nintendo for Christmas and I heard my parents up at 3 in the morning trying to play Mario Brothers. They couldn't do it and I went out to the living room to see if I could help them. They promptly sent me back to bed and then told me the next morning I was dreaming ;).

8.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think I was 10 and my brother told me. Actually, he was 12 when my parents finally told him and he didn't believe them and had to look it up in the encyclopedia. He came running to me and told me and I was like oh okay whatever. I still believed in the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy though, hehehe.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We never used to until we started having Christmas at my parents house. The kids open all their presents from them and I do too, but our gifts at home wait until Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
With lots of handmade ornaments from the kids and unbreakable ones to keep the kids safe.

11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
Dread it. We're supposed to get some more I think Friday. I used to love it as a child, but I got to play in it then not drive in it. Plus it's so cold and wet.

12. Can you ice skate?
No way!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I think a porcelin doll I got one year. It was the Butterfly Queen. She's beautiful.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you?
Being with family and seeing the kids face when they get what they always wanted.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Probably homemade chocolate chip cookies. Or maybe mounds and fudge.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Our quiet Christmas morning just the 5 of us opening up all the gifts under the tree.

17. What tops your Christmas tree?
An Angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving. Especially when I find the perfect gift for someone.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
What Child is This. And then for fun ones the Barking Dogs doing Jingle Bells.

20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
They're okay.

21. What do you want for Christmas?
What I want the most I can't have and that's my little angel Celeste still growing in my belly :(.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
No, all the work ones cost money and we never have a sitter anyways.

23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's?
Usually dress up to go to church.

24. Do you own a Santa hat?
Yes I do, it has my name on it too.

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
Usually we go to my Aunt and Uncles and spend it with them, my cousin and my parents. This year we're staying home.

So how do you spend Christmas?

0 comments: