Saturday, February 21, 2009

Finally Home

Ahhhh, it's good to be home! We left yesterday morning from TN at 8 a.m. Central time. We had a few things to do before we actually got on the road home though. So we didn't actually get on the road heading home until 11 a.m. central time. I got a speeding ticket a few hours into our drive back in TN. Not cool! We didn't get to our hotel in Roanoke VA until almost 9 p.m. Eastern time. We were supposed to have a crib for CJ at this hotel, but there wasn't one in the room. So I went to the front desk and had to argue with the guy about the crib. He said there was a $10 charge. No way was I paying that when I was given a price which included the crib. He kept telling me my computer doesn't show a crib. I said okay well my confirmation e-mail does. We went back and forth and I was going to show him my e-mail. He had called the manager while I was getting my computer out of the car and I guess he said to just give it to us no charge. Well, we didn't even use it because it was about to fall apart. This was the nicest room we had the whole trip though I must say. Anyways, we hadn't eaten dinner yet so we walked over to the Subway next to the hotel. We got there and some kid was standing outside and told us it was locked. There were people in there though. We tried all the doors, but nothing. The sign said it was open and the window said they were open until 12 a.m. so we waited for the employee to notice us, but that didn't happen. So I knocked on the window and the customers were telling us they were closed. I said the sign says they are open. Finally the girl behind the counter comes out and lets us in saying I'll let you in the dining room, but where closed. I said well that's not what your sign says. She said the drive through was open and she couldn't do both by herself. Now mind you there was another girl behind the counter so I said well you're not by yourself and if only the drive through is open that's what your sign should say. She was so slow too making sandwiches. We didn't get back to the room until 10. We ate, showered, and went to bed. Got up at 7:15 this morning to get on the road again. Left shortly after 8 and guess what??? I got a second speeding ticket!!! I literally had just gotten on the highway. I had said to Joe I don't know what the speed limit is here and was trying to find signs stating it when I saw a police officer He was coming off the median. So I moved over. He didn't have his lights on and seemed to be going after the car in front of me, but as he passed me he motioned for me to go over to the side. Grrrr! So I did and he did pull over the car in front of me too. He asked me if I knew why he pulled him over and I said no. Turns out the speed limit was only 55 there and I was apparently going 73 :(. Not good. So now I have two speeding tickets. Needless to say the rest of the ride home was slow going because I was very cautious about my speed. So we didn't arrive home until 7 p.m. It's good to be home though and I can't wait to sleep in my bed. We had a good trip though. I will have plenty of pictures to share so check back. Oh, and I haven't forgotten about my giveaway. I'll post a winner tomorrow.

1 comments:

Erin said...

oh my gosh monica!!!! YIKES!!!
Sounds like one of the road trips Chris had with all the speeding tickets!!! I got pulled over by a texas ranger when we first got to texas... and I was going FAST... FOLLOWING CHRIS... BUT I GOT Pulled over... and he let me go because I had the first RI drivers license he had ever seen!! PHEW!
I am sure you are thrilled to be home!!!!