Saturday, February 14, 2009

Week In Review: February 8 - February 14 2009

Here is this weeks Week in Review for February 8 - February 14, 2009.

Sunday: Well, as usual it was laundry day. Joe had to work so me and the kids just hung out at the house. When Joe came home he made banana bread with the girls. Awww, a husband who bakes. It would be even nicer if I didn't have to get after him to clean up the mess he made so I could cook dinner. And when he cooks I swear he uses every dish in the house. But really, I'm not complaining, it's sweet and my house does smell like banana bread. And honestly this was the highlight of my day; laundry and banana bread. So can't complain about that. A quiet laid back day.

Monday: I thought this day would never end. After bringing the girls to school Joe, CJ, and I went to Denny's for breakfast. All seemed fine until we were almost done CJ started becoming very fussy. He was up early, but still didn't seem early enough for him to be this cranky at this time. We had to bring my new car back to have something fixed on it so we did that. He cried the whole way there. We got a loaner. He cried the whole way home. We put him down for a nap, he pretty much fussed and cried for an hour and a half in his crib. We got him out and took his shoes off and eureka he stopped crying. He had lunch. Claudia from the FRC came over for our PAT (Parents As Teachers) visit. He was happy go lucky for that too. She left and shortly after we had to go pick the girls up from school. I had fundraiser instructions which I needed to make copies of to pack the fundraisers tomorrow night. That took forever and I didn't even finish. I was there until 4:30 (the girls get out at 3). Then we went to the grocery store to get a few things and finally home to cook dinner. We got a phone call that our car is all fixed.

Tuesday: After bringing the girls to school we picked up my car. The speedometer is working again. It's so nice to have my car back. I called my credit card company to find out why the payment which I made on Friday is not available to me yet in spite of it having cleared my bank. Now my funds are available for me to book our trip for next week. I debated on whether or not it would be best to drive 17 hours straight or stop halfway through. Well, it came down to which would be cheaper. And surprisingly stopping halfway through was the cheapest way to go. So I booked us a hotel in Virginia for a night on the way down and back and then five nights in Murfreesboro, TN. Now all that's left to do is pack and leave. Once that was done I picked the girls up from school, got homework going, filled out the Friendly's ice cream certificates for the winning Box Top class, got dinner, and went back to the school to stuff envelopes for nearly two hours. Fundraisers are now all set to go out to the whole school tomorrow. Kaitlyn helped seal envelopes while Natalie ran around and did everything but what I asked her to do. Sometimes I wonder which one is the older one.

Wednesday: Boy, this day started off great. Last night the girls stayed up late even after we had put them to bed at a decent time. I knew when they were still up at 10 they were going to be miserable. So we had a talk with them about their behavior and in particular Natalie because she had goofed off at school while we were packing fundraisers. Natalie is into this arguing phase. She's also very much into this selfish it's all about me phase right now too. So it's hard to get her to understand where we are coming from. I hate starting off the day arguing though. But it is playgroup day! Every week there is a theme and this weeks was Valentine's Day. CJ wasn't getting too into all of that stuff though. Oh well he left with a ton of candy. And as always playgroup completely wipes him out and he takes a good long nap. And when I say a looooong nap I mean a looooong nap. He slept right through lunch and if I didn't have to pick the girls up from school he would have continued to sleep. Ahhh, I love playgroup day! It was so peaceful. Fundraiser packets came home from school today. I haven't seen enough of those things yet. I better get used to it though, I will be seeing much more of the Avon fundraiser all the way until the beginning of April.

Thursday: Another crazy day. After dropping the girls off at school I went to Walmart to get some things I needed for Kaitlyn's brownies for her party tomorrow, stuff to make Bee Mine Valentine's, and stuff to make Conversation Heart Fudge. That took a few stops actually. I had to go to the grocery store to get some of the stuff that Walmart did not have. Then I had to stop at the bank and finally went home and put CJ down for a nap. I made the Conversation Heart Fudge while CJ napped. We were supposed to have that recall taken care of on my new van, but we couldn't find the service place that the dealer we bought the van from set up the appointment for. Turns out they gave us the wrong address. And the service place wasn't answering their phone when we were trying to call to find out where they were. So looks like we'll have to schedule another time to get that taken care of. So after driving around aimlessly for an hour we came home and I started on Kaitlyn's brownies. Then I picked the girls up from school. I had scheduled an appointment to get Kaitlyn's bangs cut so I brought her to that. We were in and out of there. Home for dinner and to spend the rest of the evening working on the girls Valentines, Kaitlyn's brownies, and those Conversation Heart Fudge. And then before I forgot I made sure to write my guest post on my friend Renee's blog.

Friday: We had breakfast at school this morning. The FRC (Family Resource Center) hosts a free breakfast once a month for families. This month the PTA helped fund this breakfast. So I had to attend. Not that the kids would let me miss it. The girls got a chance to hand out a bunch of the Conversation Heart Fudge I had made to some of the people there. It was a nice breakfast. CJ ate half a bagel, some pop tart, and come coffee cake. And apparently that wasn't enough because we came home and he ate some more. We went to his Cranial Tech appointment. Our next visit will be our exit visit! Woohoo. Then we needed to pick up some pediasure at the store for our trip. We went to lunch, then to Sprint to update my phone since I've had a broken charger for a few months now, then picked the girls up from school, went to Rent a Center to rent a lap top for our upcoming trip, and home so Joe could go to work. The lap top wasn't ready when we got there so we had to go back to pick it up and while out I picked up some snacky stuff for the ride tomorrow, filled up with gas, and grabbed some Micky D's for dinner. I know I know, but I was in a hurry and still needed to do laundry and pack. I learned that a 9 and 6 year old have no clue how to pack. So after packing everyone, but myself I had to repack the girls bag. I cleaned the bathroom so I have a nice clean toilet to come home to. Washed dishes of course so we have nothing stinky when we come home. And I'm sure I forgot a million things that I'll be kicking myself about next week.

Saturday: We were up at 6:15 this morning. Packed the car with everything and were on the road by 7:45. It was smooth sailing all the way to VA where we were stopping for the night before heading on to TN. We actually got in earlier than expected. CJ did well in the car for the most part. Natalie felt car sick a few times, but she was okay. We checked in by 4:30. The hotel we are staying in is a bit of a dissapointment though. It's very run down and we are only able to get two towels. Our curtain doesn't even close all the way. So after we went and got something to eat I looked up a different hotel to stay in on our way back next week. We found one that's hopefully a little better and only about $5 more than where we are staying. It's got a AAA rating so that's always a good sign. CJ won't settle down though to go to sleep. Hopefully we'll all get some sleep before having to be on the road again in the morning. All in all I can't say this is a terrible trip so far though. We are very much looking forward to getting into TN tomorrow. Only seven more hours to go! I hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day!

Check out other Week In Review posts.

0 comments: