Saturday, February 7, 2009

Week In Review: February 1 - February 7, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for February 1 through February 7, 2009.

Sunday: Laundry day again. I went through some of the girl's clothes in their drawers finally to get rid of what doesn't fit. I put together 40 goody bags for our Box Top winners at school. I got a phone call from my brother. He was obviously drinking. And he told me he was in a bar with his 18 month old daughter. That's always nice to hear. He was completely plastered. And that's pretty much the only time he seems to call me is when he's drunk. He'll never change. CJ is 15 months today.

Monday: Brought the girls to school and handed out the goody bags to the classes who had won them November and December. Both teachers were apparently unaware they had won. Hmmm, I guess I'm not making it very clear who the winner is. Gave CJ a bath and got him ready to go down to Cranial Tech for his helmet. We were told he's got 4 more weeks left. That translates to 2 more visits. I can't wait to not have to make that 1 hour drive one way every other week. Then we went grocery shopping, to the bank, and picked the girls up from school. Back home for me to prepare for my PTA meeting. Wrote up my agenda and notes and then typed out this months Box Tops collection notice with prize. Made a bunch of copies at school. Had our PTA meeting. We sadly had a very poor turnout. Not a single teacher came. I hate when that happens. But I can say I love our new Vice Principal. He's young and has so many fresh new ideas. Seems to be such a great fit. And it's so nice to have someone who's willing to try some new stuff to get parent involvement. I chit chatted afterwards with the only parent who came who was not an officer and one of my officers for a little while. A nice little break from the kids. Came home to a very happy baby who was so excited to see me, awwwww!

Tuesday: CJ was up early. I took the opportunity to get some e-mailing done and phone calls. Called to confirm our McDonald's night for Wednesday and we are all set. Called the school to try and talk to the principal about Kaitlyn, but he was busy preparing for early dismissal due to inclement weather. So the girls were out at 1:20. They came home and began working on their homework. And they spent the rest of the afternoon driving me crazy. Perhaps suffering from a little cabin fever.

Wednesday: Playgroup day! And the snow did not cancel it this week. So after bringing the girls to school I brought CJ down stairs to playgroup. There was a birthday this week for one of the little boys so we had chocolate cake. After playgroup I went up to the office to try and pin down the principal, but he was out again. So I left a message for him to call me. We came home and CJ went down for his nap. I finally heard from the principal late afternoon and scheduled a meeting with him for Thursday morning. We had our McTeachers night from 5-8 at McDonalds. We had an awesome turn out and made $417.37. Not bad considering that was 15% of the profits. That's about what we made last year as well when we actually earned 20% of the profits.

Thursday: Brought the girls to school like usual. Did some budgeting to make sure we will have funds for our upcoming trip in a week and a half. Wrote a letter to the principal in regards to Kaitlyn's reading. I went and met with the principal. I feel confident that we are moving forward to solve her problems. After my meeting with the principal I had to go downstairs in the school to have an FRC Advisory board meeting. That meeting was short and sweet. We were very happy to learn that the governors proposed budget does not have any further cuts for public education or the FRC's. So this was discussed at length. The meeting ended and I went to pick Joe up at work. I picked the girls up from school and Natalie had a huge attitude. Not fun when it came time to go over her homework. Thankfully her bad mood did not last all night long.

Friday: We received our tax refund today. So I spent the morning paying off a bunch of bills including my credit card. I called the insurance company to add our new vehicle to the policy and we are going to pay the rest of our down payment. We went to Walmart to get a few things. Then we came back home to clean up. CJ's therapist came over. She's going on vacation for two weeks so I am hoping we have lots to report to her when she comes back. We picked the girls up from school, went to the post office to mail out Box Tops, and then went and picked up my new car. I am very happy to have the second vehicle again.

Saturday: We went to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. Then to Walmart where we got the kids a few things. Next we had to check out the sale at Once Upon a Child. They were offering fill a bag for $20. Problem is the bag wasn't big enough to fit one item in. Luckily they were still offering their 10 items for $10 sale. So all three kids got something. Then we went to Stride Rite where CJ got new sneakers (he was the only one who needed them). We came home to get a coupon for Build A Bear and have something to eat. I had taken my wallet out of my purse to look up something. We left with no money. We didn't realize it until we needed money of course. We had built our bears at Build A Bear (four bears in all), picked out clothes, waited in line to name our bears, waited in line to pay, and then realized we had no money. And the majority of the time CJ was screaming his head off. He did not like the stuffing machines at Build A Bear. So we had to go all the way home (with CJ still screaming) to find my wallet. Thankfully we found it. Then we drove all the way back there with CJ still screaming. We got and paid for all of our bears and went to the store for something for dinner. CJ finally calmed down and was actually a happy little guy. I don't know how he didn't just pass out after basically two hours plus of screaming. We picked up two movies out of the Redbox (Swing Vote and Space Buddies). We came home and had dinner. And then we had a movie night. I have a giveaway going on right now so be sure to check that out here.

Check out other Week In Review posts.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

See, if you do this, you will know how productive you are even on days that don't feel like it.

Or maybe you never have days like that! :-)