Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bird Bomb

Well, it's only the beginning of the summer, but those birds already seem to have their aim down. While walking out to the car this morning to bring the kids to swimming lessons I felt this plop on my head. I put CJ in the car and hoped and prayed that what I felt was just a large rain drop or something. Okay, so it wasn't raining at the time. I wasn't under any trees, but one can hope right. So I reached up to my head and discovered that what I had hoped for was very far from true. So I quickly grabbed a wipe and cleaned off my head and now my hand. What else was I going to do? I couldn't go up and shower. In 15 minutes the kids had swimming lessons.

So here I am very grossed out trying to find the good in this as I'm driving the kids to swimming. Well, they say it's good luck, right? Okay, but seriously who says that? Probably someone who has never been pooped on by a bird. Or people like me who have just been pooped on by a bird and am trying to find something good about this.

Somehow I held it together all the way to the pool. Trying to push it out of my mind. It wasn't working too well. I swear I smelled something. It was still sitting there on my head probably burning a hole right through my skull. I made it through swimming lessons though.

I would have loved to go right home and shower, but I'm sad to say that wasn't in the cards for me. Nope, I had to go pick Joe up from work. So I did that. I made him promise to not laugh at me when I told him what happened to me today. He promised after a while, but he couldn't keep his promise. I guess I should have known not to share my problem with him.

And I would love to say that as soon as we came home I was able to shower, but again that is not true. I needed to make lunch of course and the girls needed a shower and CJ a bath. Oh and Kaitlyn fell on the sidewalk so I had a knee to patch up. So my shower had to wait until everyone was fed and CJ was down for his nap. Oh the joys of motherhood.

I scrubbed my head so hard in the shower. Washed it about 4 times. I think it's all gone. I keep trying to tell myself though things like it's good for your hair. I think it will make my hair shinier.

But I leave you all with this one piece of advice that I got from my husband after he was able to compose himself:

"Always wear a hat!"

0 comments: