Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fun Friday

So swimming in the summer here is done in two week sessions. On the final Friday of the session they have what's called "Fun Friday". They just play games and have free time before receiving their final paper for the session saying whether or not they can move on to the next level. So here are my kids on their first "Fun Friday" of the summer.

Marco...


Polo...


Kaitlyn waiting with CJ to get in the pool


Sharks and Minnows


Scaling the fence


Natalie about to dive


Kaitlyn's a shark


Frog Leg Dive


"I want to go in there!"


Kaitlyn swimming



Kaitlyn jumping in


So both of the girls stayed in their levels. I knew Kaitlyn would. She'll be there forever. Natalie though she was supposed to move on. She was bumped down based on her front crawl and not having the stamina to swim across the pool. Her original teacher told me she'd only be there for this one session. However, her teacher told her to repeat level 4 again. And she wasn't even there for me to question it. It's not even her front crawl that is a problem anymore. Now they are saying her breaststroke. Natalie adds this extra little flutter with her arms with her breaststroke. She always has. She did it last year when they passed her to Level 5. Now they are holding her back because of it. I don't know that she'll ever stop that. All last year I warned her about that. And all this year I've been telling her she has to be extra conscious about that, but she still does it. She can however swim across the pool now so I really don't care too much for them not moving her up. I hope they will move her up before the final session this year. I think that was part of the problem. We don't do the winter swim lessons so she didn't get to continue it. I think Natalie really wants to move up though so hopefully now that she sees this is an issue she'll work extra hard at it. Or maybe this time around she'll end up with a teacher who doesn't see it as a problem and thinks she'll benefit from moving up.

0 comments: