Monday, August 22, 2011

Alyssa's 6 month checkup

Hello from Princess Alyssa! I'm 6 1/2 months old now and doing great. I am now 14 pounds and 25 3/4 inches tall. My doctor says I should about double my birth weight by now. Even though I'm not quite double the doctor still seems pleased. As I am sitting up and passing things from hand to hand. I babble and roll over in both directions. So all things I'm supposed to be doing by now.

I surprised mommy by handling the exam very well. The doctor was so funny playing peek a boo with me. I love peek a boo. How did she know that? And she had all these neat shiny things hanging off her neck for me to grab at. Loved it! Just when I thought I was in the clear because mommy started putting my clothes back on that doctor came back in with these long sharp things. She started out giving me some drink. I really wasn't too thirsty though and spit some out. Then my world changed and not for the better. They started blowing bubbles and playing these silly dancing toys and then they stuck me in the legs with those sharp things. That hurt! Then the doctor picked me up and started dancing me around and making me pop the bubbles. Just give me my mom. Finally she handed me over to my mom and things were better.

I was so happy to be out of there. I do have a bit of a yeast rash so we had to stop at the pharmacy to pick up some Nystatin. I'm hoping I don't have to go back and do that anytime soon though. I think I heard my mom say something about an appointment in November. I am not looking forward to November.

I guess until then! Bye from Alyssa!

Don't forget to vote for Kaitlyn in the Messiest Eater contest!

0 comments: