Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Mother's Day

I never did say how my Mother's Day was. It ended up being a nice day. I got up to a bunch of homemade gifts from the girls. A mother always loves that stuff. Then I got to fold laundry and clean up the living room just like any other day. Fed CJ breakfast. Listened to the girls complain about having cereal for breakfast. Listened to Joe complain about my parents coming over. Pretty typical day so far. Then Joe made me some hot chocolate which I drank. I then vacuumed and Joe went off to work. Changed CJ and put him down for a nap and then cleaned the kitchen. Joe did not put the tea cups away that I had asked him to. So I had to do that. Got the kitchen all clean and then went to take a shower while the girls weren't fighting and CJ was napping. Came out and got dressed and wrapped my mom's gifts. Then it was about time for my parents to arrive so I made lunch. My parents came just as I was finishing heating food up and CJ woke up from his nap. So I was juggling a million things just like any other day. Fed the kids, my parents ate too, I ate, and then my mom and I opened our gifts. I got a new Mets t-shirt and a Mets rug. My mom got jewelry. Then we took the kids outside until Joe came home from work. This was the fun outside in the beautiful weather.



Once Joe came home from work we started bringing all the toys inside and washed up to go out to dinner. Joe had bought flowers for me and my mom which were very much appreciated. After everyone was ready we went to a very nice restaurant called Carmine's Italian Grill. My parents paid for the meal. We tried to pay the tip, but they said no. We said our goodbyes. Went to the grocery store to pick up more Pediasure for CJ and get gas in my car. Then we went home where the girls took a shower and then we sent everyone to bed. All in all it did end up being a nice day. My parents were nice and Joe was nice to them and didn't grumble. The kids were well behaved. So I would say it was a nice day.

0 comments: