Tuesday, May 19, 2009

She's Going to the Chapel and...

she's gonna get married!

This is my cousin Margaret with her new fiance Kevin. That's right, fiance. My cousin is getting married! I am so happy for her I can't even sleep. She has been wanting this forever. Now mind you she's not really going to the chapel to get married. Nope, she's going on a cruise to get married. They knew they were going to get married, but she just got the actual proposal and ring tonight. And the wedding is scheduled for May of 2010. Seriously, I could not possibly be happier for Margaret.

Not only is Margaret my cousin (just four months older than me), but she's also Natalie's godmother. She was the Maid of Honor at my wedding. So she's been pretty important here in my later life. We actually weren't all that close until our teenage years probably. Strange because we didn't live all that far from each other. Our family just would get together at Christmas though. Margaret and I graduated from high school the same year and went on to college. She stayed in CT, I went out of state. We kept in touch though and when I was home on breaks we got together. Then when I decided not to go back and ended up having Natalie we got a whole lot closer. We chat online frequently. I've been listening to her for months now plan a wedding without a proposal. Got a huge kick out of that. She was pretty sure she was getting proposed to tonight. He wanted to have the perfect ring. She just wanted to be engaged and get the perfect ring later. I told her they were meant for each other. I do, I think they were. Look at how cute they are together.

I was a little unsure about this relationship at first because well there's a huge age difference between them. And he didn't seem to want the same things she wanted. I met him though and kept an open mind. After all, most people didn't think Joe and I would last. She stood by me though so I couldn't judge her choice. It would work out. And it did. He came around to realize marriage is something he could do with her and kids even. Never understood how the man could not want kids though. He had an instant bond with the girls the first time he met them. They loved him the second they saw him. He's so kind and gentle with them.

I can't wait for Margaret to start her life with Kevin and the two of them to start their family together. It's going to be so great. I am so happy for you both, Margaret and Kevin. And Kevin, it's about time you asked her already ;).

0 comments: