Saturday, May 2, 2009

Week In Review: April 26 - May 2, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for April 26 - May 2, 2009

Sunday: Got up and made pancakes for the kids. They ate and then got dressed. Natalie's friend was still over so we had her get her stuff together and then we took them all fishing. Natalie's friend's mom picked her daughter up at the park around 1 and we headed back home. There we discovered her friend forgot her pillow. Oh well. So we went to Toys R Us so the girls could get new bike helmets with some money they had gotten for their birthdays. Kaitlyn got a Tinkerbell one and Natalie picked one with a monkey on it because it had a bike bell. Then we came home and they tried out their new helmets. They enjoyed them a lot. Then we went inside for dinner (leftovers). Then it was baths and showers all around and time for bed. I started not feeling well. Very stuffy. Kind of thought it was allergies.

Monday: Woke up still stuffy. Still thinking allergies. Took allergy medicine. Went through some of CJ's clothes. Got the kids off to school. Went through some of the kids stuff that was in my room and found a bunch of stuff to bring over to Once Upon a Child. So we went there this morning to sell stuff and pick up some new sneakers for CJ and maybe an outfit or two. We got paid $26 for the stuff that was worthy of those picky buyers at Once Upon a Child, but we spent it all and then some on stuff for CJ. Left there and returned something to Game Stop. Then I realized I was throwing a pizza party for Kaitlyn's class and I needed to get the pizza. So headed over to the pizza place and got some pizza and back to the school to give the class the pizza. Then we went to Sams Club so I could buy the stuff I need for the RIF (Reading Is Fundamental) Pancake Poetry. I'm making pancakes for it so I needed to get pancake mix and stuff to put in the pancakes. Found what I was looking for and came home to put it away and have lunch. There was a box stuck in my door. It was the sample t-shirts for the schools field day so I could get an idea of what size shirt everyone will need. So we checked that out and ate lunch. Then it was time to pick the girls up from school. Did I mention that the allergy medicine hasn't worked and my congestion is getting worse? Beginning to think it's a cold and not allergies after all. Brought the forgotten pillow back to it's owner and came home for homework. The girls were in rare form. Very whiney and crying a lot this afternoon. I was feeling worse and worse and did not need this aggravation. They pushed every last button. So Natalie got herself grounded while Kaitlyn managed to straighten out. I washed dishes. We had dinner and watched some TV. I sent everyone to bed and watched a little of my Mets game. They won. Still feeling awful. Took a shower and went to bed.

Tuesday: Another hot day, but at least I was feeling a little better. I had nothing planned for today. Got the girls off to school and then just took it easy at home. Did some laundry. Cleaned up a little around the living room, but mostly just relaxed as I have a busy few days or weeks rather coming up. I'm going to be wishing for this day back. I picked the girls up from school. Brought them home and got them going with homework. Joe went to work and CJ got into some chocolate. He had it all over him so I had to throw him in the tub. Thankfully actually he's been wearing a diaper only because of the heat so it was a pretty easy clean. And he loved the bath. I got soaked. I helped Natalie put the finishing touches on her poem about the principal. Then I heated up dinner. After dinner I sent the girls to clean their room and before I knew it it was bedtime. Sent them all to bed, but apparently the girls decided that was the time to actually clean their room. I had to go in and yell at them to go to bed at 9:00 because they were up "fixing" their drawers. Something which should have been done in the hour I told them to do that in. Joe came home from work and we just relaxed and hoped that the cooler weather would hurry up and get here to cool off our apartment.

Wednesday: Got up and brought Joe to work. It cooled off. Nice spring like weather. Came home and got the girls ready for school and CJ ready for his field trip. I brought the girls to school and went to the office to give the secretary some upcoming PTA event dates and check the mail. Then went down to the FRC to hand in some invoices so I can get paid for upcoming things. Then headed over to the Imagination Museum for our PAT (Parents As Teachers) field trip. We've been here before, but never when CJ has been mobile. He loved it. He really enjoyed the water room. He got to "plant" a seed and made a flower with a pipe cleaner and a coffee filter. He also enjoyed the kitchen and building areas and the magnetic wall with the balls. He even said ball while he was chasing after the ball. We were there until about 11:15. Then we came home and I put him down for a nap. I worked on some PTA stuff and CJ slept and slept and slept. He didn't get up until 2. I gave him lunch and then it was time to pick up his sisters from school. Kaitlyn was down first and told me that someone told her that Natalie got punched in the nose. What? I've heard nothing. So now I'm all worried watching for her to come down. She finally walks into the gym and looks fine. So I asked her and she was like what no I heard that Kaitlyn got stuck on the playground! Ummm, yeah okay someone's playing a trick on them. They were both worried about their sister. Turns out someone was stuck on the playground it was just neither of my children. We stopped at the bank really quick and then came home to do homework. Then we went and picked Joe up from work. Made dinner, cleaned up, and the kids got ready for bed and went to bed. Joe and I watched some TV and I fell asleep on the couch.

Thursday: I was up very early. Couldn't sleep so just gave up and went and took a shower and started my day. Natalie was the next one up and wanted to know what to wear for "picture day". I have no intention of buying these pictures. It's really a casual thing anyways with a springy sort of background. So I didn't expect them to wear anything fancy. Natalie didn't like my answer of a t-shirt and pants. She kept saying she had nothing. I had to go find her something and she argued with me about wearing it. Then she was "having a bad hair day". I can't believe it! She's 10. She's too concerned about these meaningless pictures. I'm not buying them and they don't go in the yearbook so why does she care so much? Oh yeah, because everyone else will be dressed up. That's totally not true, but whatever. I finally got her ready and we brought Joe to work. Then we came home and they ate and finished getting ready and I prepared the toppings for my first RIF (Reading is Fundamental) Pancake Poetry. I got all the pancake making stuff together and in the car and the kids out the door. Brought all of the stuff in and set up to make pancakes. That went really well. CJ played nicely at a good distance from me too. Everyone enjoyed the pancakes. Once that was over I cleaned it up and put it all away and came home and put CJ down for a nap. Then I did some stuff on the computer. I called around to the grocery stores to find out popsicle prices and before I knew it it was time to pick Joe up from work. So I woke CJ from his nap and we went and got Joe. We came home and at lunch and I did a few things around the house. Then we picked the girls up from school. We came home and they did homework while I e-mailed the vice principal and my PTA officers back and forth about a special day we're helping to put together for the principal. I tried to find some songs for a slideshow. Then we had dinner and the kids cleaned up the living room. Then it was bed time. Joe and I stayed up a little while longer before finally going to bed ourselves

Friday: Got up and go ready to bring the kids to the breakfast at school. A breakfast that the FRC gives once a month for free. Very nice. So I brought the kids and Joe stayed home. We had a nice time. The kids went up to their classrooms and I stayed and chatted with my PTA officers about Teacher Appreciation week next week. Then I went up to the office to get a list of all of the students in each of the classes so I could size t-shirts next week for Field Day. I went and put the sample shirts in the PTA closet and went home. Joe wasn't happy with how late it was. I put CJ down for his nap and posted some stuff on Craigs List and then cleaned up the kitchen and living room. CJ got up from his nap and had lunch. Then his therapist came over and the living room was trashed again. Shortly after she left it was time to pick the girls up from school. I got them and came home and then Joe left for work. I had a headache so I lied on the couch for a little while and then got up to make dinner. The girls and I watched the Mets game together, my landlord came up to give me tickets to a Ladies Luncheon, I put CJ to bed, Joe came home from work, I put the girls to bed, and after watching the Mets win I retired to the bedroom. Joe and I watched a recording we had in there and then went to sleep.

Saturday: So much for Saturday sleeping in. I woke up at my usual time, but no one else was up. So I was lazy and checked my e-mail and played around on Facebook and eventually everyone started waking up. I took a shower and got the kids ready to go to a Ladies Luncheon at my landlord's church that I don't really want to go to. We rode with my landlord. We tried to put CJ in the childcare, but as expected he didn't stay long at all. We sat through an hour long church service and then went over to the hall for the lunch. The food wasn't entirely stuff me and the kids liked. I had them do the best they could with it though. They kept telling me they didn't like stuff. We each got to bring home a tea cup though which was nice. CJ was getting very fussy by the end of lunch and thankfully my landlord recognized that and we left. Came home and put CJ down for a nap and me and the girls had some popcorn to help fill our bellies. Joe got home from work a little while later and once CJ got up from his nap we went to the store to pay for the popsicles that I'm getting for Mr. Audette day at the school next Thursday. That was a bit of an ordeal as the person who checked me out wasn't sure how to do it with a school check since I don't have a store card that's linked to the PTA account. She figured it out though and the popsicles were all paid for. Then we went to Walmart so I could get thank you notes for the teachers for teacher appreciation next week. Natalie returned one of her birthday presents because she already had it and wanted to buy something else. She got $4 to spend and was having a hard time finding something. I found a Hannah Montana secret journal that was only $3.50 just as she was deciding she wanted to get 3 watering cans at a $1 a piece for her and her brother and sister. I showed her the journal and she wanted that though and I was touched by her generosity with her brother and sister that I ended up buying them the watering cans. We paid for our stuff and went home where I cooked dinner. Then I sent the girls to clean their room which turned into a huge argument where Natalie slapped Kaitlyn and everyone ended up going to bed early. It was not a good end to the day. And next week is going to be a very busy week so I was hoping for a relaxing weekend. Here's hoping tomorrow is better.

Check out more Week In Review posts!

0 comments: