Saturday, May 16, 2009

Week In Review: May 10 - May 16, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for May 10 - May 16, 2009

Sunday: Mother's Day! It started out a little rough. You can read all about the day and see pictures here though. It ended nicely and I went to bed early.

Monday: I was up at my usual time. Got the kids ready for school. Joe brought them in. Then I looked into posting some things on ebay. Got those things listed and CJ went down for a nap. I received an e-mail from the person we're ordering field day t-shirts from. I needed to send her the total of shirts I had so she could check to make sure she could give me the price she quoted me. Then we were supposed to have a PAT (Parents As Teachers) visit. So I got CJ up and fed him lunch. She was supposed to come at 1, but at 1:15 she still hadn't arrived. So I called to find out if I had the time wrong. Turns out I was right, but she had gotten a bit swamped and lost track of time. So we rescheduled for next Monday. I watched some TV with Joe and then went to pick the girls up from school. We came home and I helped with homework. Joe went to work so I made an easy dinner of Mac and Cheese and then watched the Mets game. Put the kids to bed and waited for Joe to get home. We watched some TV together and I fell asleep on the couch.

Tuesday: Got up and everyone ready to go. Joe brought the girls to school while I washed dishes and got everything ready for my final RIF Pancake Poetry. He came home and I loaded everything in the car and was off. After 5 Pancake Poetry's I think I finally got the drill down. I was all set to go as people were walking in. Got pancakes made and cleaned up in record time and I was home within 45 minutes of leaving. Not bad. CJ was napping so Joe and I watched some of our recordings. I then showered the pancake smell off of me after lunch and a little Amazing Race viewing. I went to pick up the girls and realized my plan of walking to the BOE FRC Birthday Bash was foiled by rain. So came home to argue with Joe about whether or not he could spare the car for one night and let me take it so we didn't get struck by lightning or drenched. I was ready to just stay home when he up and loaded everyone in the car. I guess he got over being selfish. So I brought him to work and arrived at the BOE just as they were serving cake. I missed all of the speeches. Good for the kids I guess, but I kind of enjoy that stuff. Oh well, it was nice. The kids had two pieces of cake and ice cream and played with their friends while I chatted with some of the other FRC volunteers who were being thanked. Then we went home. The kids finished up homework. I didn't know what to do with dinner after the kids had filled up on cake. I ended up making a frozen pizza and giving them the leftover linguine Joe had from Sunday. Turns out the kids were hungrier than I or they thought because not only did the polish off the linguine, but they also ate more than half of the frozen pizza on me. CJ fell asleep in his highchair covered in sauce. I didn't have the heart to move him. I watched my Mets game again and then we had to go pick Joe up from work at 9. So CJ who had been in his highchair out cold for nearly 2 hours I had no choice, but to wake. We went and got Joe and came home and all the kids went to bed. Well, after CJ got a good scrubbing. I finished watching the Mets game and got to see them win on a walk in the bottom of the 10th. Then Joe and I watched According to Jim and went to bed.

Wednesday: Another Wednesday another playgroup. Got up and brought Joe to work. Came home and the kids had breakfast and then I brought the girls to school and CJ to playgroup. We ended up going outside for playgroup today which was lots of fun. CJ practiced stairs and went down a few slides. He wanted to do what all the big kids were doing. We went in for snack and story and then I went to talk to the FRC director about a few things. Up to the office to check the PTA mailbox and then we came home. CJ went down for a nice nap. I tallyed up some more shirt sizes and caught up on some e-mails and communications. Then CJ got up from his nap so we had lunch and watch the ball game. I picked the girls up from school and they came home to do homework and then we went to pick Joe up from work. We did some grocery shopping. Came home and put everything away and told the kids to clean their room. I started dishes and all of a sudden Joe was walking out the door. He got tired of Natalie's mouth. He came back, Natalie continued her attitude, and got herself grounded for the night. I made dinner and we ate. I sent the kids to finish cleaning their room and then they got ready for bed. Hopefully they'll have a better day tomorrow.

Thursday: Joe took the car to work in the morning and I walked the girls to school. Came home and CJ played for a little while. Then I put him down for a nap and cleaned up. My friend was taking her Kindergartner on a field trip and they were leaving before her preschooler had to be at school. So she brought her over just before noon for me to watch and take her to school. It was raining. I was going to have to walk her in the rain. My friend left also prepared to get soaked. I gave my friend's daughter some lunch and then as I was making a sandwich for CJ who had just gotten up from his nap my friend called. Turned out they weren't leaving as early as they thought due to the rain so she could bring her daughter after all. So she came and got her daughter who wasn't too happy that mom was bringing her to school. I told her we'll try it again sometime though and thanked her for coming over and she was off. I finished feeding CJ and then cleaned him up before his therapist came over. She came on time and she has been very pleased with what she's been seeing out of him. He's doing so well. Then she left and I was chit chatting through e-mail with one of my officers. She wanted to check out the t-shirt samples to see what size she needed. So even though I wasn't planning on going to pick the girls up from school because Joe was home and could do it I ended up going. Joe came with me and we got the girls. I showed my treasurer the shirts and she picked a size and we went home. My foot was sore so I laid down and helped Kaitlyn with her homework. Argued with Natalie about whether or not she needed to study her times tables. Fought with Kaitlyn about studying for her spelling test. Then I washed some dishes and was going to cook dinner, but my foot was really bothering me. So we went to get Subway. We came home and ate dinner. Then we got the kids ready for bed and sent them to bed a little while later. Joe and I watched our recording of Lost and then I started watching my baseball game. They are on the West coast so it was a late start. I ended up staying up until 2:00 to watch the Mets win and couldn't go to sleep because I was so pumped up.

Friday: Joe let me sleep in a little since I stayed up so late. He got up with the kids and brought them to school. I actually had a day with nothing to do. So I just hung around and took it easy. Joe wasn't feeling too well so he ended up laying down after having something to eat. Meanwhile I played catchup with my soaps while Joe and CJ slept. CJ got up from his nap and I fed him lunch. I went to see how Joe was feeling. He was better so he got up and I went and took a shower. Before I knew it it was time to get the girls from school. Picked them up and came home. Joe started getting ready for work and left. Then it was just me and the kids. I washed dishes and made dinner. CJ actually ate taco meat. Then me and the girls watched TV together with CJ walking around sitting with each of us. I put CJ to bed and let the girls stay up until Joe came home. Then they went to bed and Joe and I watched TV together. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up after 1 to find out the Mets won again in the top of the 9th inning. Went to bed.

Saturday: We were up early. The kids were saying that CJ had a blister on his foot. So we checked out his foot and found out it was a sliver. Darn old wood panel walls. I can't tell you how many slivers my kids have gotten on these walls. So I held CJ down while Joe got the sliver out of CJ's foot. It's a little red and infected looking so we cleaned it out and put a bandaid on it. Hopefully it gets better. CJ kept staring at the bandaid. Not too happy to have it on his foot. Had breakfast and everyone got dressed and we went fishing for a little while. The kids had fun with that. Then we checked out a tag sale and came home for lunch. CJ was falling asleep while eating so I put him down for a nap. Natalie went into the bathroom and came out trying to hide something. She had opened up the knife Joe carries on his keys and couldn't figure out how to close it. Not entirely sure what she planned to do with it, but she wouldn't spill the beans. Her crying and carrying on woke her brother up after only about 20 minutes of sleeping. So we sent her to her room where she spent the rest of the afternoon. We had taken CJ out, but after a while he was just too much of a bear so we put him in his crib. Between fussing and crying in there he did fall asleep. Joe and I debated going to the drive in theater. The weather was calling for rain and thunder showers so we weren't sure if it was going to be a good idea. So instead we decided to go rent some movies and pick up some KFC for dinner. Came home and ate dinner (KFC's new grilled chicken is pretty good). Then we put on the kids movie. I got CJ ready for bed shortly after the movie was started and we put him down while the movie was on. Then when the kids movie ended just before 10 we sent the girls to bed. Then Joe and I watched our other movie.

Check out more Week In Review posts!

0 comments: