Saturday, May 9, 2009

Week In Review: May 3 - May 9, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for May 3 - May 9, 2009

Sunday: I took it easy today in prep for my busy busy week. I did some laundry and washed the dishes and cooked oven fried chicken for dinner. Bathed all three kids and sent them to bed. Then I wrote 50 thank you notes for Teacher Appreciation week for the school. Showered and went to bed.

Monday: Got up and got everyone ready to go and out the door for 8:30. I put all the thank you notes in the teacher's mailboxes. Said goodbye to the girls and then Joe and I went on the hunt for our Avon fundraiser bike prizes for the top selling boy and girl. We went to two Walmarts without much luck. Then we headed to Toys R Us. Surprisingly they had a better price for bikes, but they aren't put together. I talked to someone about getting them put together and they were going to waive one of the $10 fees for us, but I'd have to wait until Wednesday to pick them up. I don't have time to go on Wednesday and I told one of the parents they could pick it up today. So we just took the two bikes in boxes. I called my VP to see if her boyfriend felt like putting bikes together because Joe didn't want to do it after having put together Natalie's bike for he birthday. He agreed so we brought the bikes to her house. Then we came home and put CJ down for a nap. I had something to eat and Joe stayed with CJ while I went to the school to meet with my officers. We discussed all sorts of upcoming stuff in particular teacher appreciation stuff and Mr. Audette day on Thursday. We talked for an hour and then three of us went around sizing t-shirts for field day on all of the students. It took us 2 hours to do that and then it was time to get the kids from school. Got them and went home to get Joe and CJ so we could go to the grocery store. Did our shopping and came home and put everything away. I prepared for my PTA meeting while Joe put stuff out for the junk pick up. Then I washed dishes and Joe got dinner started. I left for my meeting. Gave one of the bikes to the winner and put the other one in the closet. Had a nice meeting and went home to put the kids to bed. I folded some laundry and had something to eat and watched some TV with Joe before finally crashing in bed.

Tuesday: 7 a.m. Natalie knocks on my door to inform me that she has to wear black and white to school today for her band field trip. They were going to visit some nursing homes and the middle school and McDonald's for lunch. So I told her to put on the black pants and white shirt I had gotten her for her concert in the winter. Her shirt was missing a button though. So half asleep I am not trying to thread a needle and sew a button on her shirt. I am not very good at sewing. It's amazing that the shirt didn't end up full of red poka dots of blood. Joe took them to school for me and I got ready for pancake RIF at another school. I left shortly after Joe came home and made a bunch of pancakes for little preschool aged children until 10:45. Then I came home and got directions to someone's house to pick up a grill from Freecycle. We went to get the grill, but it wouldn't fit in the back of our van. So we had to leave it. Came back home and had lunch. Then CJ went down for a nap. I did some stuff online for PTA and then went to pick the kids up from school. Showed my PTA treasurer where the teacher's lounge is so she could set up for the breakfast we're giving them tomorrow. Came home and the kids did homework. Natalie was so excited about her field trip today that she actually went and practiced her clarinet for a long time without fighting with me. I cooked dinner and got the kids ready for bed. Searched for some popcorn portion packs trying to find something good and cheap for the PTA, but haven't been having too much luck. Watched some of the Mets game and fell asleep on the couch.

Wednesday: Got up early to get in the shower before anyone else got up. Got ready to bring Joe to work and for another Pancake Poetry. This time it's for CJ's playgroup. Managed to get everyone out the door early so I could meet my friend. She had to bring her mother to the doctor so I was taking her kids to playgroup. Brought everyone down to playgroup and set everything up. CJ wasn't too interested in participating in playgroup with me at the other end of the room making pancakes. So he hung out with me. We had a great time and I went and sat with my friend's kids and CJ for the story. Then all the kids got to pick a new book. Then all of my PTA officers and I were in one room so we decided to pick colors for our Field Day t-shirts. Got those all picked and the pancake stuff all cleaned up so we went up to the teacher's room to clean up the breakfast we had up there for them. Then it was back home with two extra kids. I put CJ down for a nap while my friend's kids played and I put all the pancake stuff away and folded laundry. I had expected my friend to be back to pick her kids up before lunch time, but she wasn't. So I fed her kids lunch and was getting a little worried that I was going to have to bring them to school. But their mom showed up just in the nick of time. My friend's mother got bad new at the doctor's office. It seems the lung cancer is going to kill her. They are starting Chemo next week on her though. I told my friend let me know if she needs me to take the kids again though it's not a problem. Gathered up all of their stuff and sent them on their way. Then I went to sit down and work on a speech. Unfortunately CJ woke up from his nap. So I fed him lunch and tallied up the shirt sizes that I need for Field Day shirts. Before I knew it it was time to pick the kids up from school. So I got them and then went to pick Joe up from work. We came home and the kids did their homework. I washed the dishes and then got dinner started and I ran to the store to get some more bananas for Pancake Poetry. Came home and finished cooking dinner. Gave CJ a bath and looked for some red white and blue clothes for the girls with not much luck. Did some more laundry and put everyone to bed and then wrote my speech. My mom called to talk about Mother's Day and tell me she's coming to Natalie's Poetry Reading on Friday. Finished up the laundry, revised my speech, and went to bed.

Thursday: Another Pancake Poetry day. Got up and brought Joe to work late because Kaitlyn was having issues this morning. He was not happy. Came home and got everything ready for pancake poetry. Wrote a note to Natalie's teacher telling him we'll have two more for the Poetry Reading on Friday, but that Natalie doesn't know so not to tell her. Brought the kids to school and came home and grabbed my pancake making stuff. Went to the school where I had some forty kids to make pancakes for. I was constantly flipping pancakes while CJ fluttered around like a little bee playing with some kids and coming back to me to "help". Finished up those pancakes, cleaned up, packed up, and came home to put CJ down for a nap. Printed out my speech, took a shower to get the pancake smell off, got CJ up from his nap to feed him lunch, and then went to pick Joe up from work for 1. Got him and went to pick up popsicles to bring back to the school. Celebrated Mr. Audette day at the school where I read my speech. Then we took the kids home from school to do homework. They did their homework, we ate dinner, played a few rounds of Connect 4, and then the kids went to bed. I watched the beginning of my Mets game and then Joe and I watched TV together before going to bed.

Friday: Got up and was informed by Natalie that she needed to wear something nice today for her Poetry Reading. Ummmm, why does she wait until the morning of to tell me these things? So I gave her a couple of options. She got dressed and so did Kaitlyn and had breakfast. I gave CJ breakfast and Joe took the girls to school. I started cleaning up a little because I haven't been home enough all week to do much around the house. Put CJ down for a nap. Got him up for lunch and got him dressed and cleaned up. Went to the school for Natalie's poetry reading at 1:45. We were early so I grabbed the paper with the staff t-shirt sizes for field day and mail out of the PTA mailbox. Put the stuff in the closet for the time being and then went up to Natalie's class. They weren't ready for us. When they were they welcomed us into the classroom and then we got to read all of the kids poems. My parents came which was a huge surprise to Natalie. Once everyone got there the kids started reading their poems. Natalie read four poems. Then we had refreshments and Natalie showed my parents around her class. I then took my parents down to Kaitlyn's class so they could say hi to her, but she was at music. So my parents left her a note and then left. I went back up to get Natalie's stuff together and leave. We got Kaitlyn and came home. The kids played outside for a little while. Then we went back to the school for Food Fest. We had a great time there. Came home and put CJ to bed. The girls stayed up for a little while and then went to bed too. I worked on some pictures on the computer and then went to bed.

Saturday: Got up and checked some e-mail. Then I washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen and living room. Did some laundry and cleaned the bathroom. Trying to get everything back in order after the crazy week and so I don't have to do any of it tomorrow.

Check out more Week In Review posts!

0 comments: