Saturday, August 8, 2009

Week In Review: August 2 - August 8, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for August 2 - August 8, 2009

Sunday: Started out like any other Sunday. Just relaxing and taking it easy. Joe had to work. After lunch Kaitlyn complained that her stomach hurt. I didn't think too much of it. She says that from time to time. Told her to lay down. She kept going to the bathroom, but not really doing anything while in there. Joe came home from work and she started throwing up. So I made her some soup for dinner and then made some ravioli for the other two kids. As Kaitlyn was eating she threw up all over the table and then stood there instead of going to the bathroom and continued to throw up. So I got the pleasure of cleaning that all up. Joe went to the store to get her some ginger ale. I washed my table cloth along with some towels. Kaitlyn was feeling better though after that last time throwing up. So we let the girls stay up and watch some TV and put CJ to bed. Then I sent the girls to bed. I finished up the laundry and watched some TV and then went to bed.

Monday: Got up early to bring Joe to work. Kaitlyn was feeling better. We brought Joe and then hung around waiting for swimming. The girls got ready and we left. It was a beautiful sunny day. They had a good time swimming. We came home and had lunch and I took the kids to the park. There is a new splash pad at the park so I let them stay in their suits to play in the splash pad. They had a blast. Even CJ went in and enjoyed it. Some friends ended up coming while we were there so it was nice to have some friends there. Then they were going to go in the pool. CJ needed a nap though so we did a little playing on the playground and then went home. The girls showered and I put CJ down for a nap. Then we had to go pick Joe up from work. Got him and came home. I washed dishes. We had dinner and went out to just get out of the house. We came home and started getting the kids ready for bed. They had gotten a little too much sun today so Joe was putting some lotion on them. Natalie didn't want to take her shirt off to get it on her back. She was embarrassed. So we went in her room just me and her and had a talk about her changing body. She's feeling very self conscious about her body. I think I made her feel better though. Then we sent them all to bed. Joe and I stayed up and watched TV. I did the swimming laundry and then we went to bed.

Tuesday: Joe had to be at work early again. So we got up and brought him. Then we came home and waited until it was time for swimming. It's Tuesday so that means CJ and I go in the pool too. This session we don't get private lessons. There's one other little boy in the class 10 months younger than CJ. I like our teacher so much better than all of the other ones though. We've had him before and he's just so great with the kids and he actually shows you how to do things and sings songs and plays games. After swimming we came home for lunch and showers. CJ fell asleep in his high chair. So by the time I managed to get him to wake up and take his bath it was really too late for me to get in the shower. I needed to throw clothes on so we could go pick Joe up from work. We did a little grocery shopping and came home and put it all away. We put CJ down for a nap and I edited some pictures. Then Joe got a phone call from his sister telling him that her daughter (Joe's niece) had her baby boy today. So he chatted with her for a while and then I cooked dinner. After dinner Natalie wanted to talk to me privately so we went into my room to talk about things. She's growing up and has lots of questions. After that we put CJ to bed and then watched some movies we had rented from the Redbox. Then swimming laundry and off to bed.

Wednesday: Joe had a day off. He came with us to swimming. Then we went home for lunch and showers. We watched some TV before having to leave to go to Kaitlyn's physical and CJ's ear recheck. After we got out of there we didn't really want to go home. So we called up some friends and asked if they'd like to go to mini golf. They agreed so we met up with them and went. We had a great time. After we finished it was late and we hadn't had dinner. So we all went out for pizza. After dinner we said our goodbyes and went home. It was very late so we sent the kids right to bed. I still had to do swimming laundry. So I did that and then went to bed.

Thursday: Had to get up early to get Joe to work. We came back home and waited for swimming. I had made plans with a friend to meet for lunch after swimming. So I made the lunch and got everything together for our picnic/fun in the park. We had swimming and then met up with our friend and had a great time playing in the park. We left the park around 2:30. Joe was getting out of work at 3 so we just headed to pick him up. I needed to use the bathroom and didn't want to use the gross one at the park so I used it at the store. We waited for Joe's replacement to arrive. He was late. Then we came home. Put CJ down for a nap and I ended up taking a nap as well. Got up late. It was my friends birthday and I decided to make her a cake. I had to go out to get something to eat for dinner too. So I did that and we ate and then called up my friend. We walked over to her house with her special treat and hung out there for a few and then came home. We sent the kids to bed and Joe and I finally got a chance to watch our movie. It wasn't very entertaining so we turned it off. I did the swimming laundry and took a shower and went to bed.

Friday: Wow, a morning where I wasn't up with the birds. I got up and my landlord was knocking on my door soon after. I was not in the mood to talk to him since I had just woke up and was still in my PJ's. He was persistent though. He ended up calling both cell phones and then coming to the front door. So I finally answered. He suddenly realized he hadn't given us a lease. Yeah, we haven't actually had a signed lease in years. He always brings it up. There's always something wrong with it. We always tell him to fix it and he always forgets. Now he was really pushing it. He was like can I come back up in 10 minutes to get it. Well, I don't know if I'll get a chance to look it over in the next 10 minutes because the kids are getting up and I need to feed them and get them ready for swimming. He says he'll just try and see where we are with it. Yeah okay whatever. And he actually came up 10 minutes later too (total shock since he has no concept of time). I skimmed over it. Problem is Joe and I don't want to be stuck here another year. He told us well you can just give us 30 days notice that's what everyone else has done. Ummm, yeah I don't think so. It doesn't say that in the lease and if we were to move with the lease as it is we could be held liable for the remainder of the lease. So I explained this to him that we'd like something in writing. So he goes well that's a month to month lease, but since we'll be gone from December to March we really can't have you leaving then (not that I think you'd want to he says). Little does he know that was actually the plan. So he says he'll write us up another lease and maybe just make it a six month lease or something like that. So he finally left and I rushed around the house getting everyone ready for swimming. Joe stayed home with CJ while I brought the girls to swimming. After swimming we went by the school so I could get the PTA mail and check in with the principal. He wasn't there though so I left a message with the secretary. We went home and had lunch and the girls showered. Then we brought Joe to work. I came back home for half an hour before getting ready to leave to bring Natalie to her doctor's appointment. We got in the car and it wouldn't start. Ugh, you've gotta be kidding me. I called Joe he told me to call our friend Ron who helped us when the starter went. So I called him and he said he'd be over in a few. So then I called the doctor's office to tell them my car wouldn't start and if I could get it running we'd be late, but if I couldn't we'd need to reschedule. Well, they told me they are booking all the way into May of next year!!! OMG, I needed to get to this appointment. They said I had until 4 to get there (it was about 2:45). I also needed to get my insurance troubles squared away before they'd see us too though so I tried calling my worker who of course left the office at 1:30. I tried her supervisor who didn't answer. Ugh, perfect. So in the meantime Ron shows up and jumps my car. It starts up. He lends me his jumper cables and shows me how to put them on if I get stuck again. Told me to call him when I'm done to make sure he's home and bring it over so he could see if it's my alternator or not. So I've got a running car. I call Joe to tell him what's going on and then I call the doctor's office to let them know I'm on my way. It's 3:00 so I should get there by 3:30. Not too bad, only half an hour late. I explained how I couldn't get ahold of my worker and they said that's okay they'd try calling because they have some pull with them anyways. So I did get there half an hour late and checked in and filled out paperwork. They told me that my insurance info was being inputted into the computer and they don't see any problems with us having insurance, but if for some reason it doesn't go through I'd be responsible for the bill. I'm not too worried about not getting the insurance though so I agreed to that. So we waited and waited and waited. The nurse called us back and checked all her stuff and then we waited and waited and waited in the room for the doctor. She finally came in and we finished up Natalie's exam and then I made an appointment to discuss Kaitlyn's ADHD paper we had filled out and went out to my car fully expecting it to start up. It didn't. So I had to get everyone out of the car to go in and find someone to jump me. Well, luckily someone was walking out before I got CJ out of the car and I asked her if she could help. She said okay, but she didn't know how to do it. I said it's okay I know and she pulled her car over. So after some struggles with the cables I got it on and jumped. Okay, we're good to go. Thank you thank you thank you complete stranger and we're on our way. I called Joe again to tell him what happened and called Ron to tell him we were on our way. I had to stop at the Redbox to return a movie. Thankfully one is outside of a grocery store so I just went to that one and had Natalie go return the movie. Then we were pulling out of the parking lot and my battery light came on and all things went hay wire. Oh please let me make it to my friends house at least. If I make it there I'm fine because I can walk home. Okay, so I got there and he checked and thinks it's the alternator. Great. I was going to go get one, but the car was acting up so Ron told me to just go home and he'll come over in the morning to jump me again and bring Joe to work so I can go buy the alternator. Then I can come back to his house for him to put it in for me. Okay, sounds like a plan. Joe was getting a ride home from work from someone already. We went home, I cooked dinner, fed the kids, changed CJ and put him to bed. Joe came home a little while later and off to bed the kids went. My landlord came up with the month to month lease except for the months of December through March. He promises not to raise the rent until March (that's what it says in the lease). I questioned this since he was willing to leave it until the end of June in the original 13 month lease he was giving us and he mumbled something that I didn't understand about why he was doing this. Something about taxes and insurance going up. Like it wouldn't do that in a 13 month lease come March. Okay, well whatever he needs to do I suppose. He left. Joe and I vegged and watched TV for a while and then went to bed.

Saturday: Had to wake up early to be the wake up call for Ron to come over. It took a few calls to get him up. Got dressed and got the kids up and dressed. Ron came and took our battery out of our car and put his battery in ours and ours in his. Jumped our battery off of his and he brought Joe to work while I went to Advanced Auto to get my alternator checked and buy a new one. Got there and they tested it for me and said my alternators fine. It's giving plenty of juice to the battery so it must be the battery. Phew, what a relief. Batteries are way cheaper than alternators. So I went back in purchased the battery. Saved myself $100 from what I planned on spending. Called Joe to tell him it was just the battery and called Ron to tell him I'm on my way it's just the battery. Got to his house he swapped out the battery for me and I went home. Gave the kids breakfast and then hung around the house until I had to go pick Joe up from work at 3. Then we went and returned our old battery to Advanced Auto Parts so we could get our $5 core charge back. Then we spent some time browsing Goodwill and the Salvation Army. Got a couple more summer outfits for CJ (because he's running low) and a couple of books for the girls. Went to 7-11 to get a slurpee and then came home. Washed dishes and cooked dinner and sent CJ to bed early because after screaming through dinner because he was done, but the rest of us weren't we needed him in bed. I think he needed it too as he went right to sleep. The girls stayed up and watched some programs with us we had recorded and then went to bed. Joe and I stayed up and watched TV.

Check out more Week In Review posts!