Saturday, August 29, 2009

Week In Review: August 23 - August 29, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for August 23 - August 29, 2009

Sunday: Just another lazy Sunday. Got up and gave the kids breakfast. Joe went to work and the kids and I hung around the house all day. I washed some dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. Joe cooked dinner. After dinner I gave CJ a bath and put him to bed. The girls ended up going to bed early too in preparation for the start of school. Joe and I stayed up and watched TV and then went to bed.

Monday: I was up early and playing around on the computer. We were supposed to have the cable company come so after breakfast we cleaned up the apartment. I washed dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. Then cleaned up the living room and vacuumed. Then we had lunch and I called the cable company who had no work order for us. Great, I canceled my DSL and now no one is coming out. So after arguing with them I got them to come out for Tuesday. Well, it's better than nothing, but that meant no internet for a whole day. Joe had to go to work. I don't even know what I ended up doing all afternoon. I cooked dinner and fed the kids. CJ was running a fever. He was very clingy so I held him a lot. Sent the kids to bed early and then waited for Joe to come home from work. Went to bed shortly after he got home.

Tuesday: Joe and I woke up and laid in bed talking. Then the kids all got up and joined us in bed. When things got a little too crazy I got up. Made breakfast and fed the kids. Got dressed and ready for the cable guy to come. Then we waited and waited and waited. The cable guy did show up. I got into it with him a little because he was asking me how to do his job. Actually, the problem was he didn't like that the dish used their cable to run our dish into the house. I showed him where it came into the house that wasn't being used by the dish, but I guess he didn't like that. He decided to drill a hole in the house instead. Unfortunately he did it on the wrong side of the house. Now mind you he saw where our computer is. He can't run cable around doorways. So when he brought it in he goes we'll set up the phone on that table (not where I wanted it). I told him no it can't go there the baby will play with it. He got a little snippy with me again. I was getting very fed up with this guy. I told him just leave us extra cable and we'll run it ourselves to where we want it. Grrr, now I remember why we canceled our cable. Once he left Joe worked on getting everything set up and I tried to get back online. It wasn't working so I had to call. I got disconnected and had to call again. Finally we got it, but we really needed to go back to school shopping. So we went and did that. Got all of the kids stuff and then went and picked up a pizza. That couldn't be easy either though. They took longer than they said to make it. When I went back they told me they'd bring it out to me. Well, the girl came walking out with our pizza and didn't even actually look for us and just went back in. So I had to go back in to get it. We did get a free soda for our trouble though. Although when we got the pizza home we found that the pizza girl made the pizza slide. I hate that. We ate and put CJ to bed and let the girls stay up for a little while before sending them to bed. Then Joe and I stayed up for a while before also going to bed.

Wednesday: Joe got up and went to work. I woke up after he left and CJ got up shortly after that. I went and got the girls up and told them to clean their rooms. Then they wanted to pack their back packs for school on Thursday. I told them to wait. Everyone ate breakfast. CJ threw a fit for no good reason for half an hour. Then he cuddled with me. I fed them lunch and put CJ down for a nap. He slept for a long time. Joe came home from work and I washed dishes and made dinner. Then I washed laundry. After dinner the girls took a shower and I spend an hour curling and braiding hair. Joe gave CJ a bath for me while I did that. I got all of the back to school supplies packed in back packs and all kids in bed only about 20 minutes later than I had hoped for. I finished up the laundry and cleaned up the kitchen and then it was my turn for a shower. After my shower I went to bed so hopefully I could get up with the kids in the morning for their first day of school.

Thursday: I was woken up by Kaitlyn wanting me to take her curlers out. I sent her off to get dressed first and tried to wake up myself. First day of school finally here. I won't go into all of the details of the day, you can read that here. After school I filled out all of my paperwork. Washed dishes. Joe cooked dinner. We ate and chatted about the day. The girls took a shower and I changed CJ and all the kids went to bed. Joe and I stayed up watching TV before we went to bed.

Friday: I woke up way too early and couldn't go back to sleep. The kids got up eventually and got ready for school. Joe brought them to school on his way to work and left me and CJ by ourselves. CJ curled up with me on the couch and went to sleep. I didn't let him sleep for too long though. We played a little and then I made him lunch and put him down for his nap. I did some stuff around the house and laid down on the couch. Joe got home from work and CJ woke up. Got him dressed and went to pick up his sisters from school. After we got them we went to the bank and then the grocery store to get a few things. We came home and put the groceries away and made dinner. Cleaned up after dinner and just hung out. Got CJ ready for bed and put him to bed and let the girls stay up for a little while watching TV with us. Then sent them to bed and Joe and I made some nachos and watched a DVR recording we had. I ended up falling asleep on the couch. I was uncomfortable though so I just got up and went to bed early.

Saturday: Woke up around 8. I must have been really tired. So was the rest of the house though because they didn't get up until 9. Fed everyone breakfast. Another rainy Saturday put a damper on our plans for the day. We went out to look at some houses and then stopped at the store for a few things. Then we were supposed to have our friend's kids for the afternoon, but didn't end up having them because they got grounded. So we went home. I cleaned up a little and talked my friends into letting us bring dinner to them. They agreed and we ended up making a night of it. I cooked macaroni and cheese and cleaned up while it was in the oven. Then when it was done we wrapped it up and headed over to my friend's house. We ate and the kids played and we had a nice time. We even brought a movie over for everyone to watch. So saw 17 Again which was a pretty good movie. After that we got the kids to clean up their mess and then we dragged everyone out. As soon as we got home it was off to bed for the kids. So even though the weather put a damper on our plans we still managed to have a nice night.

Check out more Week In Review posts!