Saturday, August 1, 2009

Week In Review: July 26 - August 1, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for July 26 - August 1, 2009

Sunday: A very lazy day. Joe went to work. I did some laundry. Washed dishes and cooked dinner. I made a peach pie. The kids stayed up a little late. A very low key day.

Monday: Swimming lessons. I brought the girls. Joe stayed home with CJ. Then we rushed home so the girls could quickly change and me and the girls could go back out. We went to my PTA secretaries house to talk with the rest of my officers about the next school year. We had a nice lunch and chat. The kids all played together while the moms talked. It felt very productive. After that we went to the library so the girls could return their books and get some new ones. Then we came home. It was late so we ended up going to Subway for dinner. Came home and ate and put CJ to bed and the girls stayed up a little while longer. I did the swimming laundry and then went to bed.

Tuesday: A beautiful sunny day for swimming. CJ and I were in the pool today. He had a blast. After swimming we came home and everyone bathed. We then had lunch. I put CJ down for his nap. Joe had to go to work. CJ had just gotten up as he was leaving. It was hot. CJ was getting a rash so we just took it easy. I made dinner and the kids and I hung out a little. I put CJ to bed and Joe came home from work. Shortly after the girls went to bed. I did the swimming laundry and then went to bed.

Wednesday: Joe had to be at work early so we got up to bring him. Then we hung around waiting for swimming. We left for swimming and then came home and showered and ate. I put CJ down for a nap, but he didn't nap for long. I guess it worked out since we had to go pick Joe up from work. Went and got him and did some grocery shopping. Came home and put all the groceries away. Washed dishes and cooked dinner. Natalie had a temper tantrum and got herself grounded. She had to clean the kitchen and living room and then couldn't watch TV. Needless to say she wasn't happy, but I had a clean kitchen and living room. The kids went to bed kind of early. I did laundry and then went to bed.

Thursday: Another day we had to get up and bring Joe to work. I also needed to get gas. So I did that and then came back home. We had swimming again. There was a photographer there from the newspaper who asked if he could take pictures of us. I agreed to that. After swimming we went home for showers and lunch. I put CJ down for a nap, but again he didn't really sleep. We had to go pick Joe up from work though. So we left to get him and came home and put CJ down again for a nap. He slept better. I even went and laid down because I was exhausted. We had dinner and enjoyed another quiet evening.

Friday: A very rainy day, but the girls last day of swimming. So we had to go. I brought them, but when we got there we had to wait because they had heard thunder. They did get to get in the pool. It was fun Friday in the rain. After swimming they got their "report cards". Neither one of them moved to the next level. Then we ran over to the indoor pool to sign up for the final session of swimming. Got them all signed up and came home to shower and have lunch. CJ went down for a nap. Joe left for work. CJ got up from his nap and I tried to figure out something for dinner. I washed dishes and cooked. We ate and then watched some TV. I put CJ to bed and the girls and I waited up for Joe to come home. He came home and the girls went to bed a little while after that. Joe and I stayed up and watched TV together before going to bed.

Saturday: CJ is 21 months old today! Hard to believe. Only 3 more months to plan his 2nd birthday. Anyways, this is what I was up early doing while everyone else slept thinking about how much my baby boy is growing up. After everyone else got up we had breakfast and then got dressed. We went to the store to get a few things including jars for jam. Then to Walmart to check out a few things and kill some time. Came home and had lunch. While the kids were eating I washed dishes and then Joe and I started making some jam. We made raspberry and blueberry jam. First time ever. It looks like it came out good. CJ will test for us tomorrow as he's our little jelly boy. We put CJ down for a nap and I cleaned up after the jam project and then started cooking some chicken. While my oven fried chicken was cooking I showered. Got dressed and then the chicken was done. We packed up the chicken and some other things for our planned trip to carload night at Quassy. We went with some friends and met some family there. We had planned dinner with our friends. They brought the sides we brought the chicken. We ate and got our bands to ride the rides. I was the photographer/babysitter as CJ couldn't go on most of the rides. We stayed until closing and came home and sent the kids right to bed. It was a very fun day with the family and some good friends.

Check out more Week In Review posts!