Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week In Review: September 20 - September 26, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for September 20 - September 26, 2009

Sunday: Got up feeling better. Went on the computer looking up more information about adoption. Started chatting with a friend. Joe went to work and I invited my friends over for dinner. They accepted. So I started cleaning up and doing laundry. Made some brownies and some pudding after CJ had gone down for his nap. Got the roast I was making for dinner started. Joe came home from work. CJ was awake so I vacuumed. Our guests arrived and spent a nice evening here. They left just after 8 and I sent the girls for a shower and cleaned up after dinner. Joe got everyone in bed. I did more laundry and folded two baskets full. Watched TV with Joe. Got a really bad headache. Took a shower thinking that would make my headache go away. It didn't help. Made it worse. So I took some aspirin and tried going to bed. Felling very achy all over.

Monday: Got up feeling better. Got the kids ready for school and got dressed. Joe had a day off so he brought the girls to school with me and we went in to the school to clean out the PTA closet making more room for all of the cases of popcorn we got. Did that for about an hour and went down to the FRC to give them a few things we didn't need from the closet. Then laminated our Mum parade popcorn signs and left. Did a few other things and went out for lunch and came home to put CJ down for a nap. He didn't want to sleep though. So we ended up going to a friend's house to get a dresser she was getting rid of for CJ. Then we tried to find another person's Freecycle house to get some aquariums. Couldn't find it and needed to go bring the dresser home to get the girls from school. Brought that home and then went back to the school. Made a sign to put on the PTA closet asking the after school program to stop putting stuff in front of the door. Hung that and then got the girls. Left and went to look for those aquariums again. Found it, but they were too small. Took them anyways and headed to the grocery store for a few things. Came home for the girls to do homework and to figure out what to do with some of the stuff we've never used in the PTA closet. Cooked dinner and then got the kids ready for bed. Sent them to bed and stayed up and watched some TV. Then went to bed.

Tuesday: Got up and got the kids ready for school. Brought them to school and then came home and straightened up a little. CJ had his first PAT (Parents As Teachers) visit of the year. He had fun playing with our PAT teacher and she's very pleased with how well he's doing. She left and we gave CJ lunch and put him down for a nap. Then we just hung around the house and I went to pick the kids up after school. I also got my friends son and brought them back to the house. I had the girls start on their homework and Natalie fought with me about her need to study for her math test. So I called her teacher. Joe went to work and we were getting ready to walk back to the school to get my friend's daughter when Natalie's teacher called me back. I talked to her for a few and then walked to the school. Got my friend's daughter and sent the girls to their classrooms to get things they had forgotten. Talked to Natalie's teacher some more and then came home. I started doing some dishes when my friend showed up to pick up the kids. They didn't want to leave. I convinced them to go and finished the dishes and started on dinner. While cooking I discovered CJ like this. Cleaned him up and finished cooking dinner and ate. Cleaned CJ up again and got the kids ready for bed. Quizzed Natalie on her math and then sent the kids to bed. Joe came home from work. We watched some TV. I took a shower and then we went to bed.

Wednesday: Got up very tired. Got the kids ready for school. Joe left for work. CJ threw cereal on the floor. I cleaned up the mess. Got him dressed and we headed out to school and playgroup. Got to school and showed the person who's taking over the Box Tops program for me how to use the copy machine. Watched CJ walk away from me at playgroup and actually play with other children. Amazed at how fast he's growing up. After playgroup I talked to my PTA secretary for a while. Then walked home. CJ was beat and went straight down for a nap. I did a few things and then laid down myself to try to make my headache go away. Joe came home from work and we left to get the girls from school. Then we went over to my friend's house to feed the animals and bring in the mail while they are away. Came home and the kids did homework. Joe went to lay down. When he got up we went to Subway for dinner and came home and ate. I wasn't feeling too well so didn't eat a lot. Got the kids ready for bed and sent them to bed at 8. Then Joe and I watched some TV before going to bed.

Thursday: Got up and got the kids ready for school. Joe went to work. CJ threw cereal on the floor again. I cleaned that up and got him dressed and myself dressed. We had to get Natalie to school early so as we were walking out the door to walk to school I noticed Kaitlyn didn't have her headband or her hair brushed. So I made her get her brush and headband to walk and brush. We got to the school and Natalie went in for chorus and I took Kaitlyn out to the playground. Then Natalie came walking out. The music teacher told her to go outside. Guess we didn't have to come early today. Grrr. So I waited with them until the bell rang, said goodbye to them, and walked back home. I worked on my speech for open house and tried to keep CJ from getting into every single thing. I gave him lunch and put him down for a nap. Cleaned up and washed dishes. Then I had lunch and laid down on the couch. I fell asleep. Joe came home. CJ got up from his nap. I got up from my nap. We went to get the girls from school. Came home. Started homework. I gave CJ a bath. Then I went and took a shower. Joe cooked dinner. I got dressed and ready for open house. We ran out of the house. Went to the school and began setting up a table for PTA. I gave my speech and went up to talk to the girls teachers. Kaitlyn's teacher wants to wait until conferences to fill out the paper about ADHD. She thinks she has a feel for her, but wants to give it a few more weeks. Conferences are October 13, 14, and 15. So not too much longer. Natalie aced her math test. Got the highest score in the class. Her teacher seems very impressed with Natalie which is great to hear. After visiting their classes we went back down to check on PTA sign ups. It went pretty well. We cleaned up and went home. Put the kids to bed and then watched TV. Then we went to bed.

Friday: Got up a little later than usual. Got the girls ready for school and brought them in. I went to the FRC to talk to some people about information for the weekend mum parade. Then went to the office to check the PTA mailbox and came home. Sent out a few e-mails and joined people to our new PTA notification site. Fed CJ lunch and put him down for a nap. Joe left for work. I had something to eat and cleaned up around the house. CJ got up from his nap and we walked to pick up the girls from school. Came home and did some dishes. Joe came home from work. We ordered a pizza for dinner. Kaitlyn wanted ziti so I heated some up for her and CJ. Everyone ate and we sat down and watched some recorded shows we had for the kids. We put CJ to bed. The girls stayed up a little while longer watching TV and we sent them to bed. I took a shower and did some laundry and went to bed.

Saturday: Got up early. Did some things around the house. Got dressed and the kids dressed. Went to the bank to get change for the Mum parade. Then went to Dunkin Donuts for something to eat. Then went to the school to pop popcorn. We popped for 2 hours then brought the popcorn to my friend's house. Then we went home and put CJ down for a nap. I had a terrible headache so I ended up laying down too. Fell asleep and when I woke up I felt worse. Took some aspirin. Went with Joe and the kids bowling. We had a fun evening. Then we went to Walmart to get the kids some ponchos for the parade and stopped at a Redbox to rent a movie. Came home put CJ to bed and did a load of laundry. Started the movie and when it was over sent the girls to bed.

Check out more Week In Review posts!