Saturday, September 12, 2009

Week In Review: September 6 - September 12, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for September 6 - September 12, 2009

Sunday: A lazy Sunday. Everyone woke up late. We had breakfast. Joe went to work. The kids and I just hung around the house. After lunch I put CJ down for a nap. Then I washed dishes. Joe came home from work and CJ got up. I made dinner. We ate and I gave CJ a bath. Put him to bed and the girls stayed up watching TV with us. We sent them to bed and I don't know why, but I ended up falling asleep on the couch. We went to bed.

Monday: I got up early. Had lots of quiet time. When the kids finally woke up I fed them breakfast. I was planning on doing laundry all day, but I got a phone call from my parents. They wanted to come up. So I frantically cleaned up the house. Got everyone dressed. Fed the kids lunch and put CJ down for a nap. My parents came over with a whole bunch of old books and stuff I had. They stayed later than I had anticipated. Joe went to work and they stayed over an hour after that. I ended up having to order pizza. I sent the girls to take a shower while we waited for the pizza delivery. We ate dinner and then I got everyone ready for bed. Sent them to bed and I worked on my laundry that I didn't get a chance to wash. Did a couple of loads and then went to bed.

Tuesday: Got up and got the kids ready for school. Joe went to work. I walked the girls to school. Came home and played with CJ and made a few phone calls. I gave him lunch and put him down for a nap and then cleaned up a little. I had some lunch. Joe came home from work and we went to the bank. Then we picked the girls up from school and went to the grocery store. Got a bunch of groceries and came home and put it all away and made a quick dinner. We ate dinner. The girls worked on cleaning their room and I worked on more laundry. Got a few more loads done and put the kids to bed. Then Joe and I stayed up. He ended up chatting with his brother on face book for a while. There are some major issues between them they were trying to hash out. I am not too sure that they did. After that we went to bed.

Wednesday: Got up early and got everyone ready. Joe went to work and I walked the girls to school. As soon as I came home I started cleaning up. Washed dishes and folded some laundry. Put some chicken in the crock pot for dinner. My friend brought his son over for me to watch while they went to a doctor's appointment. They played nicely. I fed them lunch and thought I was going to have to bring my friend's son to school, but they got back in time to bring him. So he left. I put CJ down for a nap. Then I relaxed. I went to pick the girls up from school and chatted with my friend. Then walked back home. Got the girls settled and working on their homework and finished up cooking dinner. We ate and sent some very cranky children that were driving us nuts to bed early. Did some more laundry and went to bed.

Thursday: Got up and tried to get the kids ready for school. Had to get Natalie to school early, but it was difficult when they weren't getting ready. Kaitlyn was losing everything. Joe went to work and somehow I managed to get everyone dressed and fed and out the door for a comfortably cool walk to school. Stood around chatting with a friend and then walked home. Had a relaxing morning. Gave CJ lunch and put him down for a nap. When Joe came home we went to check something and then to the bank and back to the school to pick up the girls. Then we went to get a birthday present for the party we're going to on Saturday. Me, Joe and CJ anyways. Found a great gift and came home for the kids to do homework. Joe didn't want the tacos I planned for dinner so we went back out to get Subway. Came home and ate. The girls cleaned their room and then took a shower. Got everyone ready for bed and in bed. My mom called to discuss plans for the weekend. We talked for a few and then hung up. Joe and I played some cards and then watched TV together before going to bed.

Friday: Got up and fought with the girls again. Joe had a day off, but wasn't feeling well. So I got dressed to bring the girls in. Natalie had to be in early again. So I got her there and stuck around chatting with the FRC. Came home and found Joe talking to his brother's wife on Face Book. I guess she's trying to get everyone closer, but I am so uncomfortable around this woman and she's always telling us to come over and join them for their holiday family activities. I'm a little annoyed with that because there's so much history with everyone that I'm not a part of and I feel invisible. So we've been trying to get them to do things with just us or on our terms. Probably why we end up not seeing each other because no one seems to be comfortable. Gave CJ lunch and put him down for a nap and Joe went and took a nap. I did some laundry and straightened up a little. Picked the girls up from school and brought them home so they could pack for their weekend with grandma and grandpa and clean up their rooms. I washed dishes and cleaned the bathroom. Did another load of laundry. Got a phone call from my parents that they were on their way and then went to take a shower. Checked the girls bags and made them take some stuff out and put other things in. My parents came over to take the girls. Caused problems again. But I still let them take the girls. Joe, CJ, and I went out to dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. Then we went to get a movie from the Redbox. Came home and put CJ to bed and tried to watch the movie, but it was pretty bad. We ended up turning it off and just finding something to watch on TV and then went to bed.

Saturday: CJ woke me up early. Well, earlier than I would have liked. I'm coming down with a cold. He's been suffering from the cold for a few days now. So he laid down with me on the couch for a little while. About an hour later he was ready to eat though. So I fed him breakfast and had breakfast myself. Joe got up after that. We just quietly hung around the house. Joe put CJ down for a nap around 11 and laid back down too. I wrapped presents for a birthday party we were going to later. Had something to eat. Then shortly before having to leave I got CJ up and dressed him and we went to the party we had to go to. Had a nice time there, but had to leave early. We came home and Joe left for work. Then it was just me and CJ for the night. CJ threw a fit and then was just so tired I put him back down for a nap. I laid down too. I ordered a pizza and CJ got up just before it came. We ate and I tried to keep CJ up until Joe got home from work, but he was not interested in staying up. He went in his room and dragged me with him. I guess he was ready. So I put him to bed. Joe came home and ate and then chatted with his brother on face book for the rest of the night before we got ready for bed.

Check out more Week In Review posts!

0 comments: