Monday, April 21, 2008

Am I Crazy?

I think I must be. For some reason I agreed to allow Natalie (9 TOMORROW) to have a sleepover tonight. The kids are on April vacation this week. Natalie wanted her friend to sleep over. It's been 2 years exactly since I've allowed her to have a sleep over. The last one was awful. Then again this one is going to be totally different. First of all 2 years ago she was just 7 and in the 1st grade and second of all she had 2 friends sleep over last time who were just 6, but also in the 1st grade. They were twins and one stayed the whole night the other went home. I got zero sleep that night. I do remember saying never again too. But here I am allowing it again. And with a baby in the house to boot who used to sleep through the night, but lately has been waking up at oh about 3 in the morning. I was trying to figure out when would be the best time this week to allow this sleep over. I didn't want to do it when Joe had to be up at 4 a.m. for work the next day which for the most part only leaves the weekend, but Friday night he's working late and the weekend was pretty much out. However, I knew he was taking tomorrow off from work from both jobs to spend with Natalie. So after discussing it with Joe he said that Monday into Tuesday would be best and Natalie liked the idea of having her friend here for her birthday. So now I have a crazy day. I have to take CJ to the doctor in the morning for a weight check which I'm hoping goes well. I know he's put on weight, but is it enough? Will the doctor listen to me about my concerns that CJ has allergies? Who knows. Then it will be to the grocery store to get some much needed food in the house as well as sleep over supplies. Possibly rent a movie too. Then home to start baking Natalie's cake for tomorrow, clean the house, finish up my laundry, and set up the air mattress all before 3:30 when I will have an extra girl in the house screaming and giggling. Luckily it seems to be a nice day outside so out they will probably go to play. Oh this will be fun. Perhaps I'll get a chance to update later on my insanity. Or the rest of the week I will spend catching up on some zzzzzz's. Guess we'll see.

0 comments: