Friday, April 25, 2008

A New Doctor

The kids are switching doctors. I spoke to a person from Birth to Three about some of our issues with CJ and she recommended a doctor. I gave her a call. Her office staff was very polite. The woman I spoke to took all of my concerns down and told me she'd talk to the doctor and call me back. Well, the doctor actually called back. She told me to push our doctor for a referral to GI because it sounds like CJ is aspirating on the formula which is causing all of his congestion and coughing. Huh, I never thought of that one. Well, I explained to this doctor that I have been pushing the doctor and I don't think he wants to share us with anyone else. She told me she would take all three kids and that's what she would do for CJ.

So I called back the next day and set up appointments for all three kids. CJ is being seen by the doctor on Thursday the 1st and hopefully we'll get that referral to GI. Then he'll have his 6 month check up two weeks later. The girls are due for a physical at the end of the month, but they are pretty booked for the next two months. We were lucky to get CJ in for his physical at all. It's not as important that the girls get their physicals right on time. Neither one of them need shots right now anyways. So as long as it's done before school starts in the fall we're fine. So I have Kaitlyn's physical on July 2nd and then Natalie's is a week later.

I'm very anxious to find out what's been going on with CJ. This doctor isn't all that close by, but she sounds wonderful. I wish I had heard about her sooner. Perhaps I could still be breastfeeding my little boy.

0 comments: