Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Men Truly are from Mars

I don't think I'll ever understand my husband. I love the man to pieces, but boy can he make me so mad. This week is conference week at school for the kids. So during every conference the PTA holds a book fair. Being the PTA president I need to be there. One of the officers needs to be there at all times. We've kind of split up the shifts. So today I was to be there from 9-1 while it was open and then I am going back at 6 tonight till 8. My treasurer will be there with me tonight.

My treasurer was the one who purchased ALL of the books for the book fair as we don't do Scholastic at our school due to the cost of the books. The students in our school just can't afford it so we try to have things less than $5 there so every child can get something. This isn't really a money maker for us. We'll be doing good if we break even.

So my treasurer was there at 7 this morning to set up and then my Vice President was there at 8 to help her and I got there at 9. My treasurer stayed for a little while, but she needed to get to work (she works in the school thankfully).

Last night I had asked my husband who works a morning job until 9 and then had to be in to his other job at 12 today if he could pick up the two little ones for me today so I didn't have to have them there with me the whole time. He got snippy with me about it and was asking why I have to be there the whole time and such. I explained everything to him, but he never said whether or not he was actually going to come get them. So this morning I called to find out if he would and he said he didn't want to do all the running around. So I told him to forget it I'll just take care of it because after all this is my life running here and there every single day. We argued, but he did say he'd come get them. That must have put him in a very foul mood though. He did come get them after his morning job and took them home and then brought Kaitlyn back for school at 11 and brought CJ to me at the book fair. He didn't bring the diaper bag though. He says to me I thought you had it. Uhhhh, why would I have it? I don't have the baby! So he gets all mad and storms off. When he finally comes back I asked him if he brought bottles for him. Thankfully he did, but he practically bit my head off telling me so. So now I'm in a foul mood thanks to him. Such a jerk he can be.

He's still asking me why can't my Vice President work. Doesn't matter that she's doing it all day Thursday and we're both going to be there for it tomorrow afternoon. Now mind you my husband is the one who pushed me into being the PTA president. He claims he didn't think it would be this much work. I did tell him though.

I will definitely be happy when this week is over though that's for sure. Tomorrow is going to be an even crazier day for me. We have playgroup in the morning until about 10:30 or so and then Kaitlyn has to be at school at 11 and I have to babysit at another school for an hour after that and then be back to the school for 1 to get the kids and work the book fair. Then I have conferences for the kids starting at 1:15. Crazy crazy day.

0 comments: