Wednesday, April 23, 2008

They've gone too far

My dad has been calling a lot. He called 6 times yesterday. Each message has gotten progressively worse. He's calling to wish Natalie a happy birthday trying to give her a little happiness (because you know apparently I don't make her happy). Eventually it got to I was being selfish and immature by not answering the phone. Okay, how do I answer a phone when I'm not home? And why would I want to when he acts like that anyways? And even more why would I want to when they send birthday cards with little notes inside bashing me?

Yes, yesterday we got two cards in the mail for the girls birthdays. They were opened by Joe before giving them to the girls. Inside Natalie's card and just Natalie's card was a note. This is what it said.

"Dear Natalie,
I'm sorry that we didn't have your birthday party. It was all planned and set to go. Your mom got mad at us and would not come over to our house. Grandma and Grandpa are both heart broken that we didn't see you for your birthday.

Love,
Grandma and Grandpa"

I swear I am not making this stuff up. This is exactly what it said. Now lets just for a second go back to the phone calls. There were no phone calls on or around Kaitlyn's birthday wishing her a happy birthday. Now onto the note. Since when was this party just for Natalie? I thought they were celebrating both of the girls. So why wasn't this note addressed to Kaitlyn too? Not that either of them will ever see this note. Now if everything were all planned and set to go then why in the world did they flip out about me not calling them to tell them exactly what time I would be there until the day of? They had it all planned out already apparently. How am I to blame? How are they not at all to blame for this? It's just your mom got mad we did nothing wrong we are perfect and are not making things more difficult than they need to be so be mad at your mom and not us. What are they doing? How can they actually think I'll allow the girls to spend time with them when they are writing notes like this? How about when they are leaving messages on my answering machine saying I'm being selfish and irresponsible?

They have just taken this way too far. Joe is pretty ticked off about all of this. All he keeps seeing is that they like Natalie more. You know I bet if Kaitlyn's birthday wasn't so close to Natalie's birthday they probably wouldn't even bother having a party for her too. They would just throw it for Natalie. So the gifts and stuff for Kaitlyn are more for show for me I think. What is wrong with them? How do I get it through their heads that if they want to have a relationship with us then this garbage with them needs to stop? Ugh, let me tell you it took a lot to not let this stuff ruin Natalie's day.

1 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Wow... just... WOW. Your parents never cease to amaze me.