Sunday, March 14, 2010

Diaper Cake

Many years ago I had learned of these things called diaper cakes. It's rolled up diapers made into a three tier cake. So I learned how to make them and I used to make them all the time as gifts for friends and family who were having babies. Then I stopped. Or maybe people just weren't having babies. I don't know which it was. But now one of my best friends was having a baby and I said you know what I'm going to make her a diaper cake. And if you read about my baby shower cake saga you will know that this was the only good looking cake at this shin dig.

Here's a little step by step view of how it all goes together...

Bottom tier


Middle tier


Top tier


Decorate with some ribbon


All decorated with toys, pacifiers, and nipples


It was a huge hit with everyone.

0 comments: