Thursday, June 5, 2008

3rd Grade Recorders


Remember when you were in 3rd grade and you learned to play the recorder in music class? I remember that when I was a kid and Natalie has been learning the recorder this year too. Tonight the 3rd graders put on a concert of what they've learned this year. It was great. I took some video of it on my camera, but I wasn't able to get all of it because my card filled up. However, here are the first 4 songs they played. They can play, sing, and dance too. You've gotta watch.



Oh and the times where Natalie leans forward she's trying to find her teacher who was helping a child who fell off of the risers. But notice how she managed to keep playing strong ;).

After the concert we took the kids out for ice cream. So it was a fun evening all around. I can't wait until next year when she gets to join band and or chorus. What instrument will she choose? I'm thinking she'll pick flute.

1 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I got jipped out of this in elementary school! I hope Kassidy gets to do it next year!