Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's Real Life








Okay, it's time for It's Real Life again. Thanks Farm Fresh for doing this again. It's been lots of fun. Check her and all the other participants out by clicking on the picture to the left.








Curb Appeal
Well, this isn't my house and therefore not mine to make the curb look appealing. And I do not agree with my landlord's way of making the curb or any of the yard look appealing. This is the front of the house though. I'd probably prefer more bushes or maybe some nice flower beds with bright flowers. It's not my call and I also do not have a green thumb.



Here is another view of the house more from the side. We live on the 2nd floor by the way. This is what our landlord calls his "orchard" though. Now keep in mind that we are not out in the country. We live in a city with a tiny yard. We even share our driveway with our neighbors. However, our landlord has planted apple trees, pear trees and peach trees in the side yard. And notice that plastic hut against the house? That is such an eye sore in my opinion. There are actually two of them against the house. They are my landlord's green houses. This is what he spends all of his time doing instead of fixing things around our apartment and now he wants to raise our rent by $35 a month. And for the next 3 weeks the "orchard" is also our responsibility to take care of. What do we get out of this you may ask? Well, his blueberries are going to become ripe while he's away and we get to eat those if we want. Hmmmm, I don't know we're not blueberry fans so it doesn't seem like a fair deal to me. I'd rather not have a rent increase.

Junk Drawer
Here is the wonderful junk drawer. What's that First Aid kit doing in there? Seemed like a good place for it. I think we can see some rat traps in there which thankfully we haven't needed in a long time. Looks like a yellow balloon laying on top of our hand held fans in there too. I think we've got some batteries in there too. Not sure if any of them work or not. It's a scary drawer to go into.



From Whence I Blog



Here's where all the magic happens. Not much to say here. It's a mess, but I know where everything is on that mess. So don't touch!






My Favorite Jewelry


My wedding ring and engagement of course are my favorite. I would have taken them off for a photo, but if you look closely my hand is still healing from a burn I received last week while cooking. I still have a couple of blisters and my finger is too swollen to slide the rings off.




My Best Feature
This was a tough one. Not because I don't think I have enough about me to be proud of, but because I wasn't sure if you wanted best physical feature or best personal feature. So tonight I got the idea while my daughter was pretending to be a hair dresser with me that I could show both. I've always thought I had a nice head of hair although pre-children it was nicer. I thought this showed my best personal feature as being my never ending love for my children. I love when Kaitlyn gives me hair cuts even though countless times she has gotten my hair twisted in hair ties and combs and whatever else she finds to twirl my hair around. It hurts, I've lost tons of hair over the years, but she loves practicing her braids. And after all she wants to be a hair dresser so what better way to encourage that. This is the way I usually look when it's all said and done. I have answered my door like this too. I get strange looks, but I don't care.

So that's my Real Life for this week. I hope you've enjoyed what you see. Now you know when you come over just look for the plastic huts on the side of the house and you're here. I look forward to having you over again sometime.

10 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

Great "real life". Too bad your landlord is such an ogre.

Anne Elizabeth said...

I forgot to add that I think it is great that you let your daughter do your hair. You sound like a great mommy.

elexisb said...

So sweet, you're a great mom! The house does have a great front porch.

Joy said...

Ugh about the landlord!!! Thanks for sharing your real life!!!

Unknown said...

You have beautiful eyes too! So sorry about your burns!

The porch on your house is great!

Can he do that--don't you have a lease? I love blueberries--I'll come pick them for you...

So glad you can come over and play~

Chandra said...

I think I am a good sport when I let my daughter braid my hair. You allow hair CUTS?? You are an amazing mom!

gina said...

I'm loving your porch- it's one thing I wan tso bad when we finally get into another house!

I also love your sientiments about your best feature and I agree- it's wonderful!!

A Crafty Mom said...

Cool hairdo - you have a talented daughter!! Happy Real Life day, great to see your photos!

Amy said...

Your daughter will never forget primping her moms hair--so who cares what anyone else says eh?!!!

Love the pics..so glad you shared!!

Laura Paxton said...

That is SUCH a GREAT way to show your daughter you love her!