Friday, June 20, 2008

It's Real Life - Hosted by Farm Fresh







Well, I'm a sucker for these sorts of things. I came upon this a little late, but I thought it looked like fun. If you want to do it too you can read the instructions on Farm Fresh. So here is what it looks like in my house when I'm not expecting company. Kind of scary.









Here is the outside of my fridge. I hate all the magnets on the front. They should only be on the side, but apparently no one can resist putting it all on the front. Kaitlyn especially likes to put things on the front. And CJ's name has been spelled out on the fridge forever like that. One of these days I'll get tired of everything falling off when I open the door and they will once again get moved to the side of the fridge.










Now the inside of my fridge and freezer. Nothing too exciting. It's looking a little empty. Perhaps it's time I do some grocery shopping.













Here is the closet in my kitchen. We don't have a lot of closets. And the closet in my bedroom I can't even get at so that's why I took a picture of this one. It's small. We keep all of the coats in there though and those bins on the floor are all my Girl Scout stuff. A broom and dust pan and some coolers/lunch boxes on the top shelf.







Here is my tiny little sink and my lovely orange counters. The stuff on the left is all clean. I have no dishwasher and very small counter space so I use the double sided sink to store the drainer on one side.











And the commode. Nothing special there.






I couldn't pick just one pair of favorite shoes. I wear these three pairs the most. The black ones I wear mostly in the winter and with jeans, the flip flops I wear around the house and out and about during the summer, and the sneakers I wear when I am going to be walking a lot and with sweat pants or shorts.



I don't really have a favorite room. The living room is just where I spend most of my time. And I figured I should probably get a shot of where I sit the most at my computer. If I had company over that would all be closed and you wouldn't see my enormous desk clutter.




Here are the two little ones playing together. Kaitlyn had just gotten up shortly before that and wanted to play with her little brother.






You can't even tell, but that is Natalie under the sheets fast asleep. She woke up maybe twenty minutes later and had no clue I had gotten this picture of her. I don't know how she sleeps with the covers pulled up over her head like that. She's like her father.




Laundry in the basement. Time to wash some sheets and towels. I have a pile of blankets that have been waiting to be washed too. I'll get around to it one of these days.










Here is my self portrait. Don't mind my red face. I pretty much always look like that thanks to my Rosacea.




So that's my Real Life. I hope you've enjoyed getting a glimpse into my home. Just don't look in my bedroom. That's really scary!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son often tries to sleep with his blankets over his head too. It totally freaks me out and I pry them off before I go to sleep. (yea I am a little crazy like that!) It was fun to read your post and play along.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you joined in! Your home is so sweet & that you have 3 favorite pairs of shoes cracks me up.

Thanks for playing!

I really like your couch!