Thursday, July 17, 2008

CJ's DOC Band Measuring

Sorry for the multiple posts today about our week. This is what happens when you aren't home much to blog about anything. I actually have things to talk about. So now you've seen where we were on Monday and then Tuesday our swimming pictures. Now yesterday we went for CJ's DOC Band measuring. That was quick and painless. All the literature I was given at the place and on their website was telling me the appointment would be an hour and a half long and they'd be casting his head and it was going to be a big mess. However, they apparently fazed that out a few months ago and now just do digital photos instead. I forgot my camera and I was so disappointed because I would have had some good shots. They came in and put this net over his head. It was white and they pulled it down over his face too. He wasn't too sure what to make of that. He kept trying to eat it of course since it was touching his face. He looked all ready to rob a bank though. We then carried him into another room where we weren't allowed to cross the masking tape line on the floor. They took CJ over to this stool and put him on it with the therapist holding him and then snapped a couple of pictures before he started crying. Luckily that was enough and they gave him back to me and sent us back to the room. They needed to make sure the pictures came out and if they did we could leave and if not we would have to try again. Luckily they came out and we were on our way. So now we go back in two weeks to get the band. They will go over the wearing and care of it and do any "trimming" on it if it should need it while we're there. Hopefully then I won't forget my camera.

After that we headed on down to where Joe and I both grew up in CT. Both our family still lives in that area of the state so we were going to visit Joe's sister. The kids had a blast playing with their cousins and of course didn't want to leave. It was a nice day though. We even brought the kids to the pizza restaurant that we had Natalie's 1st birthday party at for dinner.

0 comments: