Sunday, July 13, 2008

Is There Such a Thing as Being TOO Honest in a Marriage?

I was just sitting here in the quiet doing laundry and contemplating something Joe said to me today. He's off fishing with the girls and the baby is napping so all is peaceful in the house; which might not be a good thing because then I start to think things like this. Is there possibly such a thing as being TOO honest in a marriage? Let me explain...

This morning as my husband was getting all the fishing gear together he was in a particularly chatty mood. Unlike him, but he's happy he's on vacation so I'll take it when I can get it. So he's telling me about some things that were said at work at some meeting he had last week and stuff no big deal. Then he comes out with I had the best seat in the house at the meeting. Thinking to myself oh he must have had a nice view of the new shirts they were showing them they were getting soon as part of their uniform or something completely innocent like that. Nope, not my husband. No his seat was good because he was able to see down one of his boss' blouse every time she bent over! Nice! Okay, yes my husband can be a pig. He is a boob man, I knew this when I married him, but really did he have to tell me this? Now I know I have nothing to worry about with him. Hey, he's human the eye can wonder. Look, but don't touch. I'm not completely innocent myself. Some of those young lifeguards who are teaching my daughters how to swim, hey they are fine. I can't help but look and admire their young fit bodies. I don't however go telling my husband everyday we come home from swimming lessons about the nice view I had of the lifeguard today.

So what about you? Would you prefer that your husband tell you about the peep show he got or the hot woman he saw or do you want him to keep that to himself?

1 comments:

Erin said...

I would want Chris to keep it a secret... the jealous pangs would get the best of me.... because I know I cant compare to more than 1/2 the women out there.