Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Much Better Swim Class

Ahhh, so after yesterdays frightening class for Kaitlyn swimming I'm so relieved that today was much better. They took my concerns seriously. Today there was a point in time when there were three teachers in the pool with the kids. Most of the time it was just two of them, but the class was much better. They had control of all of the kids this time. They were holding them and helping keep their heads above the water. It was much more fun for Kaitlyn too I'm sure.

I spoke to the other life guard who was helping out with the class today to find out if this would be continuing. He told me probably not tomorrow because he would not be there. So I asked if someone else could be in the pool with him because I don't have confidence that he's going to be able to handle the class without help. He said he understood and would talk to his morning guards and have someone in the pool with him again tomorrow.

I will continue to keep a very close eye on them in the pool. Especially if they end up letting him go solo for the class. It was a much better day today though that's for sure. Such a huge relief because I really enjoy having the kids in these swim lessons.

0 comments: