Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our Philly Trip

Friday we went down to Philadelphia to meet up with Renee who I have been talking to online for 7 years. I met her online at first on a message board for Parents of 1999 Babies. Her oldest and my oldest were both born in 1999. This was the first time we got to meet her. She's in Philadelphia until the end of the month because her daughter Kennedy had spine fusion surgery there so they spent the month. And since Philadelphia is much closer to me than TN (where she lives) I figured this would be a great time to finally meet in real life. We also ended up meeting up with another one of the 1999 moms from the group, but I had met her a few times before when she came and vacationed up around here. It was such a fun time though getting all of our kids together and seeing how they instantly made friends.

A Bridge we went over going into PA


Swimming on the roof of the hotel


Kameron, Kassidy, and Natalie waiting for food


CJ's first taste of a Philly cheesesteak


Our 1999 babies: Left to Right Kassidy, Rebecca, and Natalie


All of the kids in front of the Liberty Bell Left to Right: Natalie, CJ, Kaitlyn, Keeghan, Rebecca, Kassidy, Brandon, Kameron, and Kennedy


1999 Moms from Left to Right: Renee, Allyson, and Monica


Sunset Leaving Philly


We went back to Allyson's house in MD to spend the night and then home Saturday. We had lots of fun getting together with all of the kids. We swam on the roof, had philly cheese steaks, saw the Liberty Bell, and got ice cream. I'm hoping we'll get to see everyone again very soon.

3 comments:

Erin said...

HOW AWESOME! I LOVE meeting up with moms from my boards!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

haha I LOVE that pic of CJ eating the sandwich! SO funny!!!!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

BTW, my pics are going up soon... hopefully! LOL