Saturday, October 31, 2009

Week In Review: October 25 - October 31, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for October 25 - October 31, 2009

Sunday: Slept in for a change. Got up and did a few things around the house. Looked up some recipes. Found a recipe for an apple cake I thought I'd give a try. Then tried to figure out how I wanted to make CJ's cake. I found a cake pan from Wilton that was perfect, but it was discontinued. So I called around trying to find someone who had it, but no one had it. I found it on ebay, but worried it wouldn't get here in time. So I e-mailed to ask if it could be rushed to me. Joe went to work. I started working on my apple cake. Fed the kids lunch. Put CJ down for a nap. Finished up my cake. Got a reply from the person with the cake pan on ebay that if I bought it today I could get it on time. So I did Buy it Now and purchased the cake pan. Now fingers crossed that I get it. I washed dishes. Joe came home from work. I started some laundry and cleaned up my kitchen floor. Joe cooked dinner. We ate. Natalie had to work on some homework that she hadn't completed. That turned into a very long project. So I put Kaitlyn and CJ to bed and had her finish up her work. She finally finished and I sent her to bed. I continued with the laundry and watched TV with Joe. I took a shower and went to bed.

Monday: Got woken up by Kaitlyn telling me Natalie didn't feel good. She had a headache and said her stomach hurt. I sent her to get something to eat. She was still moping around. I took her temperature which was normal. Gave her some Tylenol and told her if she stays home from school she stays in her room and sent her there. I thought she'd come back out a little while later bored and ready to go to school. She didn't. Joe went in there though and she was sitting on her bed reading. He asked her if she was feeling better she said she did so he told her to get ready for school. So the kids went off to school as normal. Joe brought them in. I got CJ dressed. When Joe came home we went over our friend's house. They had a couch that Joe wanted me to look at and to measure and see if it would fit in our apartment. So we went there. Looks like we might get the couch. After that we went to Walmart to pick up a few things that I needed. Then we stopped at the pharmacy and came home. Fed CJ lunch and put him down for a nap. I called the bank to deal with a problem with my account. The person I've been working with is no longer there though and no one seems to know what's been going on. So that was frustrating. I think I got it under control though. I had something to eat and then watched TV with Joe. I went to pick the girls up from school. Came home and Joe left for work. I helped the girls with their homework. Washed the dishes. Cooked dinner. Fed the kids. Sent the girls to finish cleaning their rooms. Then sent them to take a shower. Got CJ ready for bed and put them to bed. Then sent the girls to bed. I stayed up watching TV until Joe came home from work. Then I went to bed.

Tuesday: Got up and discovered the girls were still in bed. So I had to wake them up. Then hey were arguing and giving me trouble with getting ready. I hate starting the morning off that way. Got them ready and got dressed and brought them to school. Then I went to the bank. I had to fill out some paperwork there. Took care of that and came home. Cleaned the kitchen. Did some things on the computer. Gave CJ lunch and put him down for a nap and then I had something to eat. Then I went over to the new Box Top coordinator's house to help her prepare the box tops to be shipped out and show her what to do. Brought her to the post office to ship and pay for it with the PTA money. Then came home. Made cookie dough. Went to pick the girls up from school. Came home and got them started on homework. Joe left for work. I got dinner going and finished making my cookies too. Fed the kids and ate something myself. Had the girls clean their room. Got them ready for bed and sent them to bed. Then I decorated the cookies and washed dishes. Made some mashed potatoes for Joe. He came home and ate his dinner. I finished cleaning up the kitchen and went to take a shower and then went to bed.

Wednesday: Got up and got dressed. Got the kids dressed and Joe out the door. We brought Joe to work. Then came home and the kids finished getting ready. I put CJ's halloween costume on him for the playgroup halloween party. We left for school. The girls helped me carry the cookies down to playgroup and then went off to class. CJ and I had a good time at playgroup. He made the craft and played with some playdough. We trick or treated around the school and had snack and sang some songs and did some dancing and then left. Came home and put him down for a nap. I relaxed. Had some lunch. Went to pick the girls up from school after CJ got up from his nap. Came home and started homework. Went back out to get Joe from work and do some grocery shopping. Got gas. Came home in the pouring rain. Put the groceries away. Started dinner. Realized we forgot to return a movie. Sent Joe out to do that. He came home. We ate dinner. CJ got cheese all over his white shirt. I threw it in the wash. Had the girls finish cleaning their rooms. Sent them all to bed. Watched TV with Joe. Finished that load of laundry. CJ's shirt didn't come clean. Now I need bleach. Let it soak in some detergent for now. Watched some more TV. Went to bed.

Thursday: Got up and did our normal morning routine. Joe went to work. I got the kids dressed and out the door. We walked to school. Then CJ and I came back home. I did some menu planning for CJ's birthday party. Fed CJ lunch and put him down for a nap. When Joe got home from work we got CJ up from his nap and went to Walmart to get CJ's birthday presents and some stuff for his party. By the time we finished there we didn't have much time to do anything else so we went to the school to pick the girls up. Got them and went to Iparty for party favors for the goody bags and a few other things we couldn't find at Walmart. I found napkins there that I liked better than ones I got at Walmart. So we went back to Walmart to return those napkins and to show Natalie some plates that she might want to buy for CJ for part of his birthday present. Got a plate and a few other things we realized we forgot the first time and went to the grocery store to get the rest of the stuff we couldn't get at Walmart. Then we went to Subway to get dinner and home to eat. We ate dinner. The kids did their homework. I washed dishes. Then I gave CJ a bath. Got him all ready for bed. Put all the kids to bed. Cleaned out CJ's toy box in preparation for the gifts he'll receive this weekend. Cleaned up the living room a bit. Worked on the pin the mouth on the ghost game for CJ's birthday party. Got that and the mouths all made. Went and took a shower and then went to bed.

Friday: Got up and got the kids ready to go. Left for school bright and early in the morning. Started popping popcorn. We got through that pretty quick. Came home and started counting all the money we had from other PTA events. Got a phone call from school that a classes popcorn order was missing. I know we filled the order, but I don't know what happened so it needed to be reimbursed. So that adjusted my counting. Put CJ down for a nap. Got the deposit ready and went to the bank. Came home and had lunch. Watched some TV with Joe. Cleaned up the living room. Picked the girls up from school. Cleaned the kitchen. Joe went to work. I wasn't feeling good so I laid down on the couch. Then I got up and cooked dinner. Cleaned up the kitchen a little. Fed the kids. Joe came home from work and we carved pumpkins. I cleaned the bathroom. Baked a cake. Washed dishes. Made jello. Washed laundry. Went to bed.

Saturday: Got up early still feeling lousy. No rest for the weary though. I had a lot of work to do. I cleaned up the kitchen. Joe vacuumed the living room for me. I made the frosting for the cake. Decorated the cake. Had leftover frosting so I made some cupcakes. Joe took the kids out to do a few things. I mopped the floor. Wrapped presents. They came home. I went and took a shower. Got dressed. Frosted cupcakes. Finished getting ready for CJ's party. Guests arrived. We had a nice party for him. He got lots of nice stuff. Everyone, but our friends left. We were going trick or treating together. So we ordered some pizza. Ate dinner. Got the kids back in costume. Took pictures and trick or treated in the rain. Came home soaked with not a whole lot of candy. Our friends went home. We went through the kids candy. Let them each have a piece. Got them ready for bed and sent them to bed. Cleaned up some party stuff a little, but mostly just crashed.

Check out more Week In Review posts!