Saturday, November 7, 2009

Week In Review: November 1 - November 7, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for November 1 - November 7, 2009

Sunday: Today was CJ's birthday. I was up early because the girls had the bright idea to set their alarmas for 8 when CJ was born to wish him a happy birthday. Problem is they didn't set their clock back an hour the night before. So 7 a.m. and the kids were making noise. So I got up. Gave them breakfast. Did some stuff around the house. Then we got dressed and went to Walmart to return one of CJ's toys that wouldn't work and to spend some birthday money. Also went to return bottles and cans. Did all of that and came home. Had lunch and put CJ down for a nap. I went and took a shower and got ready to meet my friend so we could go to our other friend's father's wake. We went there and were shocked by the amount of people there. The line went out the door and down the road to get in to give our condolences. Over an hour in line and we finally got in to see our friend. We didn't get to talk to her too long. We chatted with a few other people there we knew and left. The line was still well out the door. My friend dropped me off at home. Joe was upset with me because it was getting late. I guess he thought I was sitting around chatting. He had to start dinner. So we ate dinner. Sang happy birthday to CJ again. Gave the girls a bath and got everyone ready for bed. Joe and I watched some TV. I fell asleep. Getting hit hard with a cold. Took some cold medicine and went to bed.

Monday: Woke up feeling lousy. Joe got up to get the girls going though since it was my birthday. I got up around 8. Kept the girls going with getting ready. Joe brought them to school. He came back and I put CJ in the tub. Gave him a bath and then Joe got him dressed while I got dressed. We went to the doctor for his 2 year check up. That went well. Came home and fed CJ lunch and put him down for a nap. Then I did some things online and tried to make the pounding sinus pressure go away. I laid down on the couch while Joe went to pick the girls up from school. I fell asleep waiting for him to come back because he took forever. He finally came home. The girls started their homework. I relaxed on the couch for a while. Finally got up so we could go out to dinner. Met some friends at Chili's for dinner. Had a nice dinner out. Got sung happy birthday to. Came home. Put CJ to bed. The girls got to stay up because there is no school tomorrow. So they watched TV with us before we sent them to bed. Then I went and soaked in the bath tub for a while. Got out still feeling the effects of this cold and went to bed.

Tuesday: Woke up feeling awful. Had a fever. Joe went to get blood work done. All three kids were home as there was no school. I tried laying down on the couch, but the kids weren't letting that happen. Problem was I was very dizzy. The quick going to the lab to have blood work done ended up being a 2 hour thing for Joe so I was a little upset. When he got home though I did nothing but lay on the couch and sleep. Or try to anyways with all of the children around. And that was my day. I did not move from the couch except to go to the bathroom or get something to drink or eat. It was awful.

Wednesday: Woke up with no fever. Still not feeling great. Weak and achy. Got the kids ready for school. Joe came with me to bring them in and go to playgroup with me. We brought cupcakes to celebrate CJ's birthday. Had playgroup. Sang to CJ. Then we went to hand out some cupcakes around the school. Then we came home. I cleaned up some of the mess in the kitchen from my stint on the couch the day before. But I'm still feeling very tired and weak so I stopped short of washing dishes. And much to my surprise Joe actually washed dishes. Put CJ down for a nap and then laid down trying to kick this cold out of my system. Joe went and picked the girls up from school. When they came home they did their homework. I ended up going out and getting Burger King for dinner. Ate dinner and watched TV with the kids. Got them to bed. I was feeling pretty bad again. I went to took a bath and then went to bed.

Thursday: Got up feeling a little better, but not 100%. Called my doctor and got an appointment for first thing in the morning. Joe took the girls to school and I got dressed and ready for my doctor's appointment. Had to wear a mask in the doctor's office which stunk. Got in pretty quickly though and they think I have bronchitis. I did a breathing treatment at the doctor's office and got prescriptions for an inhaler, antibiotic, and cough medicine. Went to the store to get my scripts and a few groceries. Got all of that stuff and came home. Got winded walking up the stairs. Fed CJ lunch and put him down for a nap. Then I ate and took my medicine. Joe went to a friend's house to get a couch and it left me home with a sleeping CJ to just relax which was nice. Turned out that Joe couldn't get the couch though so he came home and we went to pick the girls up from school. Also got my friends daughter and dropped her off at her house. Hung out there for a few and came home to start on homework. I started on the dishes and cleaned up the living room. Took my first inhaler because of all of that. I don't know that it's really helping me. Sat down and relaxed for a while. Joe did dishes again. What a relief he's home this week and helping out. I cooked dinner. Had to take lots of breaks to catch my breath. Had the girls clean off the messy kitchen table and clean their rooms. We ate dinner. Sent the girls to clean more. CJ fought about finishing more of his dinner. I had Joe switch out the TV's so the kids could play the new Wii game I got to review. They played it and then went to bed. And Joe and I relaxed and watched TV for the evening. Went to bed.

Friday: Got up and got the kids ready for school. Joe brought them in early to have breakfast and to start popping popcorn. I stayed home with CJ and fed him and cleaned up. I got him dressed and I got dressed and we watched the slide show of his birthday. Then we had our PAT (Parents As Teachers) visit. When that was over CJ and I just hung around. Joe came home soon after. We counted the popcorn money. CJ had lunch and went down for his nap. Joe and I laid down and then Joe's phone rang. It was our friend wanting to change our breaks. So Joe went to his house to have him do that. I fell asleep. Joe called to tell me that he wouldn't be done in time to go get the girls from school, but our friend would go get them. So I relaxed a little longer and then got up and started making chocolate chip cookies. CJ got up from his nap. I finished the cookies and cleaned up the kitchen. Started making sauce. Tried to find out when Joe would be back. He finally came home around 4:30. He took over the cooking while I cleaned the bathroom and then rested. We were supposed to have company for dinner, but they got lost coming here and just went back home. So we ate dinner. CJ was in need of a bath. Joe actually gave it to him. Kaitlyn had some trouble behaving so she went to bed early. So Natalie and CJ stayed up watching TV for a little while. We put CJ to bed and let Natalie stay up a little longer before going to bed. Not long after Joe and I went to bed too.

Saturday: Got up and hung around the house for a little while. My parents called to see how I was feeling and if I still wanted to go out to dinner and to make our final plans for that. Then we called our friends and went out to breakfast with them at IHOP. We waited forever. Well, there were 11 of us after all. And when they seated us they told us they could give us two tables across from each other, but we wouldn't be right together. We said okay to that, but were a little disappointed at how far away from each other we ended up being. We had to yell to each other to communicate. We had two separate waitresses. Ours was a bit rude. When we got our checks they had charged us a gratuity. I couldn't figure out why since our check said there were only four people. Who charged gratuity for 4 people? Plus I saw they charged us regular price for the kids hot chocolates and CJ's juice and not the child's price. So I questioned all of this. I did not want to pay the 15% gratuity because our waitress did not deserve it. The owner/manager argued with me about it. He said because we came in as a party of 11. I said yeah but you didn't seat us together and we had two separate waitresses. I mean it's not even like we got our food all together or anything either. We got him to take that off and he only took off for one of the children's drinks. Then he tried to tell me that we got regular sized hot chocolates for the children. I said well that's not what I ordered that's what the waitress brought. So if she brought us the wrong thing then it's her fault and she should pay for it not me. How was I supposed to know it wasn't a child's portion. And he was like well you consumed it. You can't get a free meal. Ugh, seriously this man got on my nerves big time. If we paid only what we consumed then my bill should have been adjusted for that because Kaitlyn barely ate her pancake. I ordered children's drinks for my children and I expect to pay for children's drinks. If the waitress messed up it's not my fault and I should not be charged for that. I did get that taken off too. And I gave our rude waitress her lousy tip and we left. Said goodbye to our friends and we went to Walmart to get a few things. Then we stopped at Home Depot to look for a lead test. Got that and came home. Cleaned out the inside of the van and let the kids play in the leaves for a while. Then we put CJ down for a nap. The girls played Nintendo and I took a shower and got ready for my parents to come over to take us out for my birthday dinner. Joe stayed home and me and the kids went out with my parents for dinner. Then we came home. Joe wasn't here when we got home. He came home a little while later though. I put CJ to bed. And the girls stayed up with us watching TV for a little while. Then they went to bed. Joe and I stayed up a little while longer.

Check out more Week In Review posts!