Saturday, November 28, 2009

Week in Review: November 22 - November 28, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for November 22 - November 28, 2009

Sunday: The kids woke me up way too early. Got up and wasn't feeling well at all. Got them to get their own breakfast and then spent the rest of the day either on the couch or in the bathroom. Not fun. Joe went to work. I got the kids some lunch and put CJ down for a nap. Then slept a little myself. Then Joe came home from work and I was feeling worse. He made dinner and washed some dishes. Joe got the girls in the shower and got them ready for bed for me. Sent the kids to bed and watched some TV and then went to bed.

Monday: Got up feeling better. Although I had a bad headache still. Got the kids ready for school. Joe brought them to school and I went to run a bath for CJ. I got a phone call from someone who I completely forgot I was supposed to meet to pick up their fundraiser. We arranged something else. I gave CJ a bath and then Joe got home. So I went and took a shower. Got ready to go meet this person for their fundraiser. Gave out the fundraiser and came home. Joe left for work. I swept the kitchen floor. I fed CJ lunch and put him down for his nap. Cleaned up the kitchen a little and then took it easy. CJ got up from his nap and we walked to go pick up the girls from school. Came home and got them going with homework. I washed dishes. When Joe got home from work we headed over to a friend's house who had invited us over for dinner. So we enjoyed a nice evening with friends. Left kind of late. Came home and put the kids right to bed. Joe and I stayed up and watched TV. Then we went to bed.

Tuesday: Got up and got the girls ready for school. Joe had already left for work. I cleaned up the living room and kitchen. Walked the girls to school. Came home and vacuumed. Then we had CJ's PAT (Parents As Teachers) visit. Things went well with that. She left and CJ and I played. I gave him lunch and put him down for a nap. Then I just hung around. Joe called and said he was getting out half an hour early (got to take a half hour lunch instead of an hour) so he'd go pick up the girls. So that saved me another walk. Then I got a phone call from someone who had ordered something from the fundraiser from someone but she didn't know who. She was angry with herself I think for not knowing who she ordered from, but seemed to expect me to fix the problem. I called Joe to have him find my PTA VP though so she could get in the closet to get me the list of who picked up and who didn't. He came home with the girls and that list. I tried to see if I could figure out who this lady ordered from, but all of the girls with a name even similar to what she thought her name was had picked up their stuff and I couldn't find any girls who even lived on the street this woman said she lived on. So not sure what's going to happen. If she calls back she's going to have to get me a lot of stuff before I can reimburse her. Then I helped Kaitlyn with her homework. That took forever. It was a big homework assignment for her, but her reading ability definitely made it harder. Finally got her through that though and then we had dinner. We played with the kids and then got them ready for bed and sent them to bed. Once they were in bed Joe and I watched some TV and I played on the computer. Then we were going to go to bed, but I realized I forgot to do something on the computer. So I went to do that and ended up staying up way later than I had planned on. Just as I was going to go to bed CJ woke up. So I went in thinking he lost "Bob" and found he had no diaper on. He was wet. His crib was wet. His blanket was wet. So I took him out. Stripped the bed. Stripped him. Put him in the tub. He was screaming and shivering. Washed him real quick. Joe woke up. I dried CJ off and put a nice warm sleeper on him and Joe took him into our bed to warm him up while I finished cleaning the mattress and remaking his bed. Then he put him back in his crib and I went and washed the sheets and blankets from his crib. Stayed up so I could put the stuff in the dryer and finally went to bed at about 3 a.m.

Wednesday: 7 a.m. comes quickly when you've only been in bed for 4 hours. I reluctantly got out of bed and got the girls ready for school. I got dressed. Joe brought the girls to school and came back and we went to the grocery store. Did some shopping. Then went to my Avon lady to get some fundraiser sheets she had for Avon to help the Make a Wish Foundation. Came home and put the groceries away. Gave CJ lunch. Put him down for a nap. Did some stuff around the house until it was time to pick the girls up from school at 1. Went and got them and talked to the principal and then came home to feed the girls lunch. Joe went to work. I laid down while the girls played with their brother and dozed for a few. Then I got up to someone pounding on the door. I didn't answer. They continued pounding. Do you know how hard it is to try to keep a 2 year old quiet in hopes that someone will leave? I hate answering the door when it's dark out, Joe's not home, and I wasn't expecting anyone. So I just don't do it. Whoever it was finally left and I washed dishes and started dinner. Fed the kids and then just hung around. Put CJ to bed and was watching TV with the girls when again there was a knocking on the door. Grrr, take the hint I'm not answering. I sent the girls to bed. Joe eventually came home from work. I washed dishes and started on my White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake squares. When they were done it was time for bed.

Thursday: Got to sleep in. Joe had already gone off to work. The kids were up. I made them pancakes for breakfast. Fed them. Did some laundry. And sat around not knowing what to do with myself. I put CJ down for a nap. Gave the girls a snack. Took a shower. Got dressed. Did more laundry. Sent the girls to take a shower. Woke CJ up from his nap. Gave him a bath. Got him dressed. Joe came home from work and changed. Got everything together and left to go to my parent's house for Thanksgiving. Got there as everyone was having dessert. We served ourselves what was left of the food which wasn't a lot. The kids played. We chatted with family. Everyone left and as soon as they were out the door our issues between my parents came up again. So we got the kids ready to leave and got out of there to go to Joe's brother's house. Then we went home and put the kids to bed. Joe and I watched some TV before we went to bed.

Friday: Got up and Joe and I talked about some things. Made a phone call. Checked some e-mail. Fed the kids. Did some laundry. Just hung around. Gave the kids lunch and put CJ down for a nap. Joe went to work. I did more laundry. CJ got up from his nap. I made dinner. Leftovers for dinner. I let all the kids stay up late. Joe came home from work. Put CJ to bed and the girls stayed up a little while longer before going to bed. Joe and I stayed up watching TV and on the computer. Then we went to bed.

Saturday: Finally a day off for Joe. We got up and ready to go. Went to pick up a TV from a Freecyler. Brought it home and went back out to get some gas, something to eat, and go to Walmart. Got the things we needed and then headed over to Old Navy. Got some really good deals there. Then went looking around for rentals. Found a few and came home. Did more laundry. Cleaned the house. Started some brownies. Joe called about the apartments. Most of them are too small for us. I started dinner. Did more laundry. Went and took a shower. Got dressed and waited for our company to come over. Had a nice dinner with friends. Then watched a movie. They left. I did some stuff on the computer and folded some laundry and then we went to bed.

Check out more Week In Review posts!