Saturday, November 14, 2009

Week In Review: November 8 - November 14, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for November 8 - November 14, 2009

Sunday: Got up around 8. Hung around for the morning. Then went to Walmart to return something and get a few things. We discovered Halloween stuff on sale for 90% off. So I got a whole bunch of stuff for next years Fall Festival. It ended up taking much longer than I anticipated. We came home and had lunch. Joe took the girls fishing one last time while I put CJ down for a nap. I was going to start laundry, but instead laid down to nap. Everyone came home and CJ got up from his nap. Joe decided he wanted Subway for dinner. So we went out and ended up renting a movie too. We came home and ate dinner. Got the kids showered and ready for bed. Sent them to bed and I worked on that laundry. Then we watched our movie. I did more laundry. Got 3 loads done and we went to bed.

Monday: Got up and got the kids ready for school. Joe brought the girls to school and then went to check his work schedule. I made a few phone calls. One to the kids doctor about getting a lead test. One to the school fundraiser to check on it's progress. And one to the bank to figure out why they had taken money out of my account. The only one I cleared up at that time was the fundraiser. I left messages at the other two. When Joe came home we went out to get a movie at the Disney Store that we had pre-ordered a month ago. Got that and went out to lunch. Then we went to look for some pants for Joe and a few other things. We went home. Finally having heard from the doctor's office about their blood work. So I tried to call the lab to see if they had gotten the paperwork so I could schedule for us to come in, but I couldn't find a number to speak to them directly. So we went to pick the girls up from school. I spoke to the doctor's office again who said it would be ready by the time we got the kids from school. So we went to the lab. Tried to get their blood drawn. We got both of the girls no problem, but CJ was a problem. They couldn't get at his vein. So we left with a bruise and battered little boy. Came home and the girls did homework while I prepared for my PTA meeting. Got lots of interruptions from other PTA officers and my kids doing their homework. Somehow I finished the work I needed to do though. Joe fed the kids while I went to my meeting. We had a good meeting. I received an award. Got some upsetting news that our vice principal who we haven't even had for a year had left suddenly to become an interim principal at another school. Very frustrating because we really liked the vice principal. Came home from the meeting and put the kids to bed. I did more laundry. Heated up dinner. And Joe and I watched TV. Then after another load of laundry was completed I went and took a shower and got ready for bed.

Tuesday: Got up and Kaitlyn was complaining her stomach hurt. She didn't have a fever though so I told her to just take it easy and get ready. She wasn't feeling better so I told her to stay on her bed and that was where she'd be all day if she was sick. I checked on her later and she was sitting up. So I asked her if she was going to school. She didn't want to stay home so she got ready for school. We brought the kids to school. CJ had playgroup today instead of Wednesday this week. So we were enjoying the special playgroup. Got to see some critters. Then the school nurse came down and told me Kaitlyn was sick and threw up and I needed to bring her home. But I could take my time she was in the office. So I finished watching the animals with CJ and then went up and got Kaitlyn. Brought her down to playgroup for the last part of it and then brought her home. She actually seemed perfectly fine to me. I fed CJ. Joe went to a doctor's appointment. I put CJ down for a nap and Kaitlyn was playing. No more sick to her stomach or throwing up and she was wanting to eat. I did some laundry. Joe came home from his doctor's appointment. We laid down. Joe went to get Natalie from school. CJ got up from his nap. The kids did their homework. I did more laundry. Washed dishes and cooked dinner. After dinner we got the kids ready for bed. Put CJ to bed and let the girls stay up and watch TV. Sent them to bed. I finished the laundry. Fell asleep on the couch and got up and went to bed.

Wednesday: Got up late. No school though. Veteran's Day. Joe went back to work. The kids and I just hung out all day. I did some dishes. Fed the kids lunch. Put CJ down for a nap. Got a headache so I laid down on the couch. Took some chicken out to defrost for dinner. CJ got up from his nap. Joe got home from work. I started cooking dinner. I realized that I was short on tortillas. Joe got mad because he didn't want to go back out to get more. I wasn't asking him to. We got into a huge fight. He lost his temper. I kicked him out. Finished cooking dinner and fed the kids. Then Joe came back home and apologized for his behavior. We ate. Got the kids ready for bed. Sent them to bed. Stayed up and watched some TV. I took a shower and went to bed.

Thursday: Got up early. Right after Joe left for work. Did some stuff on the computer. As the kids got up I urged them to get ready. They were dragging their feet though. Finally got them to get going though. We had to walk to school. It was colder outside than I was expecting. I got them to school on time and walked back home. This was the first time I really exerted myself since I had my bronchitis. So it wasn't easy for me. I was wheezing by the time I got home. CJ was very playful. I played with him and he fell asleep on the floor just before lunch. So I decided to just put him down for his nap. Then I had some lunch and watched some TV. I fell asleep too. Joe came home from work and CJ got up a little while later. It was time to go get the girls though. We picked them up and then we went to the store to get something for dinner. We came home and the girls started homework. We had dinner and I sent the girls to clean their room. Then I ended up putting everyone to bed early. I worked on some pictures. Watched some TV. Took a shower and went to bed.

Friday: Got up early and got the kids ready to leave the house early for our weekly Friday popcorn popping. Joe went and got the popcorn started. I went down to the FRC to see if it would be okay if I left the girls down there to have breakfast while I was helping with the popcorn. Also spoke to someone about our meeting later in the morning. Then went up to help Joe. We popped popcorn and then at 9:00 I went down to the FRC for my advisory board meeting. Met with them and then went to check on the popcorn progress. Things were going well. We finished up the popcorn and left the school. We went to the bank to make a deposit and then went to Walmart to spend a gift card CJ had gotten. Got what we needed there and went to lunch. Then tried again to get CJ's blood drawn. The lab was still unsuccessful in finding a vein and I am getting frustrated. Came home and put CJ down for a nap. I called the doctor's office to explain the situation and find out what to do. We're going to try the children's hospital. I counted popcorn money. Went to the PTA bank to get some coin wrappers and find out why we were charged $2 on our bank statement. Got that all figured out and came home. Wrapped the coins and then went to pick the girls up from school. Came home and did a quick clean up. My dad came over to pick the girls up to take them for the night. Sent them with him and then Joe and I tried to figure out what we were going to do. We rented a movie. I took some pictures so I could send out thank you notes for CJ's birthday. We went to Walgreens to get the pictures printed and then we went out to dinner. Picked up our movie from the Redbox and got Joe's work schedule. Then we stopped at Walgreens to get our pictures and came home. Got CJ ready for bed. I did his thank you notes. Joe and I watched our movie. Then we stayed up and watched some TV and went to bed.

Saturday: Got up just before 8:30 to CJ crying. Went and got him out of bed and fed him breakfast. Then Joe got up. I put the thank you notes out in the mail. Joe got ready for work. He left. I hung around the house all day. CJ took a nice long nap. I washed dishes and cleaned up the living room and kitchen. I folded some laundry. Then Joe came home from work and we cooked dinner. Ate dinner. Then spent the rest of the night watching TV waiting for the girls to come home. Put CJ to bed. When the girls finally came home and we got my parents to leave we sent the girls to bed. Joe and I watched some more TV. I went and took a shower and we went to bed.

Check out more Week In Review posts!