Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Here's to all you moms out there!

zwani.com myspace graphic comments


"Mommy, Mama, Mother." These are all some of the names I've been called over the past 9 years or so and last night there was a new one. I'm Aa-Ma according to CJ! Awwwww, what an awesome Mother's Day present for a mom. My last child and my only boy said his first word Aa-Ma. Okay, I know it was probably a mistake. I mean I've only been telling him to say mama over and over again for the past 6 months. He was bound to say it eventually. Or some form of it eventually. He looked right at me after about the 15th time of me repeating mama and just said it with the most adoring little smile on his face. What mom wouldn't melt over that?

Then this morning the older two were so sweet. They quietly came out of their rooms arms full of little presents they had made for me at school and even here at home. Kaitlyn made a book about me and gave me a flower with a beautiful poem on it. I also get to make my own bracelet. Natalie gave me a butterfly card which says I'm Fling Fun inside (it's supposed to say flying fun, but she forgot the y). Awwww, she was so upset, but hey I like that I'm Fling Fun! Natalie made me a watch. Yes, it's way too big for me so I told her I'd hang it up on my rear view mirror in my car. All things to treasure forever.

Right now they are making me peanut butter toast for breakfast. I think they actually looked forward to today more than I have. Seems like just another Sunday. Joe's at work and I'm home with the kids. There's still laundry to be done and dishes to be washed. Diapers to change and mouths to feed. Still, it's nice to see the excitement in my little ones faces as they've handed me all of the treasures they have made. The adoration in my little boys eyes when he sees me walk in the room. Motherhood truly is the toughest job you'll ever love. I feel so blessed to be a mom to 3 such wonderful kids even on the days when they make me want to pull out my hair!

0 comments: