Thursday, May 22, 2008

SIX Things you KNOW you Wanted to KNOW About Me!

Oh no, I have been tagged by Erin thanks Erin to tell you six things you don't know about me. Gosh this is going to be tough. I feel like I'm an open book. But okay, I'll give it a shot. Hopefully I come up with some interesting facts about me for you.

1. Joe was the one who talked me into having every single one of our children. I know usually it's the woman who wants more kids, but I was never ready as early as Joe was. I honestly thought I was done after having Kaitlyn. That's probably why there are 5 years between them. I am 99.9% positive that CJ is our last though. I think Joe would keep having more and he jokes about giving CJ a little brother, but I don't think my body could handle another pregnancy.

2. I miss college terribly. Not the school work, but the campus that I was at and the friends that I had made. I would love to go back to that time in my life when I didn't have so many responsibilities. Not that I don't love being a mother most of the time, but it's just a point in my life that I remember very fondly. That and Senior year of high school. Good times, good times!

3. I'm a very strict parent. Behind closed doors mostly anyways. Many people ask me how my children are so well behaved and aren't running all over the place and I believe it's because of the wrath they know they'll get at home if they don't stay in line. I do not beat my children, but they are very clear on what I expect from them and if it doesn't get done I have no problem taking everything and I do mean everything away from them. As a matter of fact if it weren't for Joe the kids might have just a bed in their rooms right now.

4. I am a girl scout leader who hates camping. I've never liked it. My idea of a vacation certainly isn't out doors with a campfire. I like a cozy bed way too much. So even the thought of an indoor camping experience is really not my cup of tea.

5. I still don't know what I want to be when I "grow up". I'm probably already doing the perfect thing for me being a wife and a mom. But some days I want to be a teacher, others a child psychiatrist, others a party planner, others a bake shop owner, and even others a web page designer. I could never handle the business end of party planning, running a bake shop, or a web page designer because I'm awful at collecting money. I also don't think I actually have the patience to deal with other people's children all day. So when all of my kids are in school all day who knows what I will do. I'm not sure that I'll ever know.

6. The last thing you know you wanted to know about me is I am a professional clown. When I was 15 I was given all the stuff to become a clown. I was the youngest person ever to join COAI (Clowns of America International) and also the youngest to join my local Clown Alley. Yes, clowns have organizations. Yes, I know how to make balloon animals. Yes, I do birthday parties. They are not my favorite thing to do. I don't get to put my costume and makeup on as often as pre-kids, but at a very young age my children have watched me put the whole get up on and seen the whole process to transform into "Sparkles the Clown". And probably the most ironic thing about me being a professional clown is as a child I was actually afraid of clowns. So to all you parents out there with a child who is afraid of clowns it probably won't last forever and who knows someday they too might become a clown. Just what you've always dreamed of for your child.

Okay Erin, are you happy? Now you know 6 more things about me that you probably never knew about me before. I suppose I'm supposed to tag someone now. I'm afraid I don't have a very large reader base. The only one I can think of to tag is Renee. Although, I seem to recall her possibly doing something like this recently. But perhaps she can share 6 more things we know we want to know about her with the blog world.

0 comments: