Monday, May 5, 2008

I was called to help

A friend of mine asked me to put my name on the National Bone Marrow Donor list. Her almost 4 year old daughter is currently in remission from Cancer. We are hoping it remains that way. In this Cancer Sucks Journey though she has come across many young children who have been suffering and dying far too young. Sadly for some there is no help out there, but some have a last hope of a bone marrow transplant, but only if people sign up to be donors. The National Marrow Donor is offering free kits to the first 10,000 people who register online between May 5 and May 19, 2008 as a way to say "Thanks mom for giving me life". What better way to thank mom for life than by giving someone another chance at life. So go sign up to give life here. It only takes a minute. And it's so simple to be tested. Just a few swabs of the inside of your cheek to get you on the marrow donor registry.

And please go read about my friend's daughter who is in remission as they go through other trials. She's an amazing mom and has been an inspiration to me for a very long time. So please read what my friend has to say about her Special K's. I promise you she has a great story to share. Help her in her quest to Give Life by donating your bone marrow.