Thursday, May 1, 2008

Our New Pediatrician

I was going to make this a part of CJ's Happy 6 months post because he is 6 months old today, but I haven't gotten around to taking a picture of him yet to share and I really wanted to share this.

I love CJ's new Pediatrician! I love CJ's new Pediatrician's office! I love CJ's new Pediatrician's office staff! Our appointment was a 10:00. We were called back within five minutes and the nurse was so nice. She weighed him and he's now up to 15 pounds 3 ounces. That's an 8 ounce weight gain in nearly 2 weeks. She got us settled in this beautiful bright room filled with toys which Kaitlyn had a blast with. She told us the doctor had an emergency this morning and was a little behind, but she should be in soon. Okay, right there at every other doctor's office I've ever been to I've gotten the generic the doctor will be right with you and then an hour later you're pacing the floors. And then within 5 minutes the doctor was in there. And this is running a little behind? We hardly waited at all! That's awesome.

So the doctor sits down and tells me to tell her all about CJ. Well, where do I begin? We started with why we were there. I explained all of my concerns about his slow weight gain and all the stuff we've been through with him. Told all about his birth and how he had sugar problems and temp problems and then jaundice problems in the hospital. And she listened and wrote everything down.

We have a plan of action! We're not just waiting and seeing. The doctor first wants to find out if CJ is tolerating the milk okay. So we have to bring her some stool. She's concerned that his stool is green. So I have to drop off some stool to the office one of these days. Then if everything is fine there the doctor would like to try putting CJ on some Zantac or something because she believes he has reflux. If that still doesn't work then if we want she'll send us to GI which she says she has no problem with. She asked if this all sounded okay to us? She's asking for our approval! She's not accusing us of anything! We're not starving our baby! She said he's getting enough calories! She's awesome! We even got a prescription for Nistatin for a little diaper rash he has. Kaitlyn left happy with two Tinker Bell stickers. I left happy that my concerns were being either explained or validated with a plan of action. I am just so happy that something is finally being done. We're not just shrugging our shoulders and saying well I don't know what could be wrong, but things seem to be improving even though he's coughing and having a hard time breathing all the time. I really feel good about all of this. Hopefully we'll figure out the problem quickly and CJ will not have to suffer anymore. Things are beginning to look up and I really like that.

0 comments: