Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Roach Motel Update

Remember the Roach Motel? The motel we stayed in on our drive down to TN last month in Roanoke VA. I promptly e-mailed the corporate office of the Knights Inn after our awful stay. I got a form letter apologizing and telling me that the information was forwarded to the manager of the property. If I did not hear back in 10 business days I could contact the manager. Well, I didn't hear anything and I waited a month. Since clearly it wasn't important to the manager of the property I wasn't about to deal with him. So I e-mailed corporate back and said I heard nothing and how upset I was at the treatment and then I went and opened a BBB case on the Knights Inn. Today I got an e-mail from the corporate office of the Knights Inn. They said after reviewing my case they are sending me a $50 check for my troubles which I should receive in 2-3 weeks. Hey, that's actually $.49 more than what we paid to stay there for the night. I think I'll take it. I thanked them and told them that I will close the BBB case that I have opened once I receive the check. So see, being persistent and complaining definitely does pay off. Now if only the Subway I had trouble with in VA would send me those coupons they promised me.

0 comments: