Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sold Car

We didn't want to have to deal with trying to get Joe's car down to TN in a few weeks. So we sold it. Someone came and looked at it today and offered us $2200 for it. That's only $300 less than we were asking so we took it. They've put a deposit down on it. Joe dealt with them and he did something that I thought was a risk. He accepted a personal check from this complete stranger. A $1000 personal check at that. I told him not to, but he doesn't listen to me. So now my fingers and toes are crossed that the check clears. Joe says he told them if it doesn't clear they'll be paying the fees. Still, I am not pleased that he did that. They plan on coming back on Wednesday with the rest of the money to get the title so they can go register it. And then once they get it registered they will come back and get it. So we only were a two car family again for a few weeks. I didn't really think it would sell this quickly. But then again how many 15 year old cars can you say that only have 40,000 miles on them. We had a few people who were interested in it.

So goodbye Joe's Grand Am. You've been good to us for the past two years...

0 comments: