Saturday, March 7, 2009

Week In Review: March 1 - March 7 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for March 1 - March 7, 2009

Sunday: I was very lazy today. I washed dishes and cleaned up the kitchen a little, but nothing else. Didn't even do my laundry. Probably because I knew there was going to be a snow day on Monday. We did tell our landlord that we are moving. He had a puzzled look on his face when we told him. Kind of like he was trying to figure out if we can up and go. We never signed the lease he gave us in January though so all we have to do is give him 30 days notice which we did.

Monday: As predicted we had a snow day. Woke up to probably half a foot of snow and it was still snowing. I did not feel well so I spent the morning on the couch. Joe had called out of work due to the weather. By afternoon I was feeling better so I started my laundry. Got that done. I had to reschedule stuff because of the weather today. I was supposed to have a WIC appointment today, but I wasn't going out in the heavy snow. So that's rescheduled for next week. And because there was no school the meeting I had planned with my PTA officers needed to be rescheduled. So we are doing that tomorrow instead. I am hoping that we can also reschedule the PTA meeting we were supposed to have tonight as I really would like to announce my leaving and hopefully get someone to step up and help the rest of my officers.

Tuesday: Woke up this morning to what sounded like a little mouse on the computer. Sure enough, Natalie was on the computer. Without permission and without supervision. She was checking for delays. We were about the only school in the entire state without a delay. Got the girls to school on time. The roads still had some snow on them, but all in all it wasn't bad. Natalie starts CMT's (Connecticut Mastery Testing) today. She's nervous about the math, but I don't know why. I keep telling her she'll do great. I came home and fed CJ. Then I prepared to meet with my PTA officers. After much whining and fussing from CJ because he has become way more interested in everything he shouldn't be touching instead of what he can be touching I put him down for a nap. I watched the rest of my Cha Cha Search University videos. I met with my officers and they took the news of our moving as well as could be expected. I went over the rest of the year with them to try and see if there was anything I could do to make it a little easier. Then I went to the PTA mailbox to pick up the fundraisers and spoke to the principal about moving our PTA meeting to Thursday and booking the juggling act for the end of March. He was receptive to both. I came home and had something to eat and then went back out to pick up the girls from school and then to the grocery store. I spoke to the girl's teachers about our move. Natalie's teacher said she's not allowed to go and she can stay with him until June. He won't talk to me about it. He was joking of course and is going to work with me to make it a smooth transition. Kaitlyn's teacher is meeting with me on Thursday to discuss her progress and how she'll do in her new school. After grocery shopping I came home and started working on the fundraisers. Got through them and found minimal mistakes which is always nice.

Wednesday: Playgroup day with a twist. Today was RIF (Reading Is Fundamental). This is a wonderful program that is done every few months where there is a special theme and all the children go home with a brand new free book. This time the theme was Hawaii. CJ wasn't too sure about things at first, but he did warm up and begin playing. Even did a little dancing. He picked out a book called All Change Animals. Okay, truth be told I steered him in that direction. He already has a similar book to it about trucks so I thought it would be nice to add to the collection. I am really going to miss RIF when we move. Once that was over I went up to the office to get some teacher names of students and phone numbers for the fundraisers that were lacking that. And there were a whole bunch more orders waiting in my mailbox for me. So I scooped those up and came home. I put CJ down for a nap and promptly began working on the fundraisers. After picking the girls up from school today I got them going with homework and then cleaned up a little before Joe came home from work. I gave the kids an early dinner of bagel bites. Then I started cooking mine and Joe's special anniversary dinner of chicken alfredo. The children went to bed early so Joe and I could celebrate our anniversary. We had a nice dinner and a boring movie that we both fell asleep watching. It was a nice evening overall though.

Thursday: After bringing the kids to school we had to go to the bank to get a letter stating that we had closed a bank account for our DSS meeting. Then it was off to the DSS where we still didn't have all the information they need. Very frustrating. We were there for an hour, but didn't get accomplished what we wanted to accomplish. So we left there and went to lunch. After lunch we came home and got Joe's car to bring to the car wash. We are trying to sell it. We got it washed, came home, took pictures of it, and posted it on Craig's List. Then we went to pick the girls up from school. I talked to Kaitlyn's teacher about how she thinks she'll do at her new school in TN. There were a few things that she isn't going to know, but her teacher really thinks she'll be just fine. After that we returned our movie and then came home. I prepared for my PTA meeting. I went to my meeting which went well. No parents were there though which was too bad, but I feel like things will fall into place. I came home to a huge mess and a very agitated husband. Since he had told Kaitlyn she could do her homework after dinner I told him then he has to sign it and check it over when she's done. Assuming he had done that I told Kaitlyn to put her homework away and get ready for bed. Kids all went to bed and I finally had something to eat. I worked some more on fundraisers and then went to bed myself.

Friday: Got up and got the kids ready for school. I had to feed CJ early because I wasn't coming right home after school. So I fed him and started dressing him when I found out Joe did not do the one thing I had asked him to do the night before. He did not go over Kaitlyn's homework and sign it. So I had to do that and she had mistakes. So after getting her to correct that I finished dressing CJ and we ran out of the house later than I had planned on. The girls made it on time though. My PTA vice president and I went shopping for the prizes for Bingo night next Friday night. I think we did pretty good. We brought the prizes back to school and put them in the closet. We had to clean out the closet a little to fit the prizes in. After doing that we came home and I put CJ down for a nap. Then I cleaned up the living room and got ready for CJ's therapist to come over. She came and raved about how well CJ is doing. We scheduled our final meeting with her for March 26th. Hard to believe he won't need Birth to Three anymore. He's all caught up. I picked the girls up from school and did some more fundraiser stuff. After dinner I brought what I have finished of the fundraiser to the Avon lady for her to start working her magic on it. Then I stopped at Walmart for diapers and came home.

Saturday: CJ was up early again. What's with him and getting up early on Saturdays? Even earlier than he gets up the rest of the week. Oh well, tomorrow he'll sleep late since we have the time change. Once everyone was up and Joe was off to work I tackled the girls closets and their room. Well, I left their room to them and I worked on the bags and bags of clothes in their closets. Can you believe I still have size four stuff from Kaitlyn? What am I hanging onto that for? So I organized all of that and now have a total of four bags of clothes saved for the girls. The size 4-6x stuff that no longer fits Kaitlyn is going to my good friend who's daughter just turned 4 back in December. Then I freecycled a bunch of CJ's stuff and some of the girls stuff and even some of my stuff. That should make moving easier. Joe had someone come by tonight to look at his car. He sold it. So assuming all goes as planned by mid next week we will be a one car family again. Just another step closer to our big move.

Check out more Week In Review posts!

0 comments: