Saturday, March 21, 2009

Week In Review: March 15 - March 21, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for March 15 - March 21, 2009

Sunday: I woke up all achy and stuffy. This cold is really kicking my butt. So I spent most of the day on the couch. Joe had to go to work though and the girls still weren't home from my parents. So I couldn't rest too much. CJ was good though. The girls came home shortly after 3. I was getting a little nervous because I had told my parents 3, but I hadn't heard from them. For the most part my parents were nice. My mom actually complimented me on teaching the girls such good manners. And instead of telling me all the things Kaitlyn did wrong like they usually do they said they were both well behaved. So progress maybe? Still, my dad does pick though. He wants to get together sometime to "hash" things out and make me see his point of view. Doesn't sound like he plans on doing too much listening. Honestly, I don't know when he expects that to happen because I've always got the kids. Natalie had a bit of an attitude and didn't want to eat dinner (which Joe had cooked so that made him upset). She got sick though too so I'm wondering if she just wasn't feeling well. She's thrown up a few times. Hopefully she feels better and gets some sleep.

Monday: Natalie was up most of the night throwing up. So she stayed home from school. CJ had his 15 month check up. That went well. I stopped at the store on the way home and picked Natalie up some ginger ale and crackers and soup. She has been doing much better. She had some toast, crackers, and soup and kept it all down. So I think she's going back to school tomorrow. I spoke to both of the girls teachers today about them staying and they were both very pleased. I got Natalie's school work too. I've still been very sick as well. Joe has been very little help. I don't think I am going to be able to get over this illness if I don't get a little help.

Tuesday: I'm wondering if maybe Joe has been reading my blog posts or maybe my facebook. He slept on the couch last night so he would hear the kids when they got up and let me sleep. Nice effort, but the kids still woke me up. He did say something to me when I got up though. Wanted me to go back to bed. I do feel a little less achy today though which is nice. Natalie went back to school. Both girls were decked out in their green. Joe brought the girls to school for me. I did wash the dishes though because it was very much needed. I also did laundry because again it's very much needed. Other than that I have taken it easy today. I found out that my friend's mother has Cancer. I took a bath to try and relax. It helped.

Wednesday: I woke up feeling better than I have in days. Still stuffy, but better. CJ on the other hand wasn't as good. He has a stuffy nose and diarrhea. We took Joe to work and then I brought the girls to school and CJ to playgroup. He has no fever so I figured it would be okay. He wouldn't leave my side. Poor thing. After playgroup I got the mail out of the mail box for PTA. There were receipts for CMT snacks and I was pleased to see that it was only $193 spent. Unlike last year where they spent $900 on snacks and wanted us to pay for half of that when we said we could only pay $250. We told the Vice Principal that it would have been cheaper to buy snacks at the store rather than go with the school lunch program. Thankfully we have a new vice principal. I came home and put CJ down for a nap. He slept hard and long. Didn't get up until 2. I gave him lunch. He seemed to be doing okay until the other half of his sandwich. He threw it up. So I cleaned him up and changed him because he had another loose stool. Got him dressed and went to pick up the girls. He was okay, but just seems very lethargic. After I got the girls we went and picked Joe up at work and then went to buy some boxes for our ebay items that sold. Packed those up and shipped them off and then went to Target. After Target we went to KFC for dinner. CJ wouldn't eat, but he did drink. Then we gave him his own spoon and he started feeding himself. He was doing good, but only took like 5 spoons of potatoes. Oh well, at least he kept it down. Or did he? He pooped it out promptly. I bathed him and washed the laundry he made a mess of. I asked Joe to take him out of the tub, but CJ slipped and banged his head on the side. He's okay, but he'll probably have a black eye tomorrow. I started not feeling well again. I took my temperature and now I am running a fever. I wish this illness would just let go. I guess I tried to do too much today. If I'm still running a fever in the morning I suppose I will be calling my doctor to get checked out. I just want to be well again.

Thursday: I woke up fever free today and feeling much better. I took Joe to work and the girls to school. Fed CJ and put him down for a nap and relaxed until I had to go pick Joe up from work. Did some grocery shopping. Came home, fed CJ and tried to put him down for a quick nap. Then I had to call my car insurance company to find out why my new lien holder on my car is telling me I have no insurance. Isn't that something the insurance company is supposed to be telling me? Ugh, got that all figured out and removed Joe's car from the policy finally while I was at it. The aches began coming back. I still had to go to the school to meet with the PTA treasurer and talk to the Vice Principal. We came home and the girls finished their homework then started playing the Wii with Joe. I went to lay down because I was feeling bad again. That was 4:30. Joe came in just before 6 to ask if I was going to eat dinner. I said no. He fed the kids and valiantly tried to keep CJ quiet. I did finally fall back to sleep hard and woke up at 8:30. Four hours of sleep and I still feel awful. Fever came back too with a vengeance. Now it's 102.2. I think the doctor is getting a call in the morning even if I'm fever free. Something is going on and I need to know what I need to do to get well again. And to add insult to injury Kaitlyn got up screaming for daddy shortly before 9 that Natalie bit her on the nose. Wonderful. Now the whole house is awake and CJ isn't wanting to go back to sleep. He finally did fall asleep though and Joe and I watched some of our DVR recordings.

Friday: Another day I woke up feeling better. Joe is off today. He brought the girls to school. I washed some of CJ's cups because I'm apparently the only one who can wash dishes. I fed him breakfast and then took a shower. We then left to go pay our taxes and get the permanent registration for my car and turn in the plates from Joe's car. Luckily DMV wasn't too busy. After that we went to lunch and then to check out a tattoo place for Joe to get a new tattoo. He scheduled an appointment for April 9th because they are booked for the next two weeks. Then we came home and bought tickets to the Def Leppard Concert. Then we picked the girls up from school. We hung around the house for a while. Then had dinner. Then we went to Toys R Us and got the kids some new outside toys in anticipation of spring weather. Also picked up a new board game to play. Came home, put CJ to bed, and played Wheel of Fortune (our new game). Also played a few rounds of Connect 4. A nice family game night. Then the girls went to bed and Joe and I watched TV together.

Saturday: Well, CJ doesn't get the idea of sleeping in on the weekends. He was up at 7. So I got up with him. He played while I watched one of my DVR recordings. Kaitlyn was the next one up at 8:20. I had to wake the rest up. I cleaned my kitchen because I was finally feeling well enough to. Cleaned out a closet in there too and got a box of stuff to donate to the FRC Tag Sale at school. I need to do more closet cleaning. We then drove down to Joe's sister's house. She was expecting us, but she wasn't there when we got there. We had to wait around half an hour for her to show up. We chatted while the kids played and it was nice. We left way later than I had wanted to. We got home after 4 and Joe and I quickly showered and brought the kids over to my friend's house. She had offered to watch all three so Joe and I could go out for a belated anniversary dinner and movie. She had even given us money to do so which we tried to give back, but she refused. We snuck out of there so CJ wouldn't see we left because he would have flipped. Then we went to Applebees for dinner and over to the movie theater. We saw Taken. It was a very good movie. Then we went back to my friend's house to pick up the kids. CJ did much better than I had expected without us there. It's very rare we leave him so I didn't know how he'd be. My friend said he did really good though. So that's good to hear. Baby steps. He was thrilled to see us though and started waving bye bye to everyone and trying to get his coat. Very cute. It was a very nice day and evening. I'm so thankful for good friends.

Check out more Week In Review posts!

0 comments: