Saturday, March 28, 2009

Week In Review: March 22 - March 28, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for March 22 - March 28, 2009

Sunday: Another lazy Sunday. Joe went to work. I chatted with my cousin online for a little while. Had intentions of doing the laundry, but only managed one load. Joe came home from work and we went out and bought a new TV. Our not even 4 year old TV that we had was acting up and Joe was really concerned that it was going to just die on us. And well we can't have that so we got a new one. It wasn't a bad price though and it's a really nice picture. I cooked dinner(tacos) while Joe set up the TV. After dinner CJ had mashed potatoes (since he won't eat tacos) all over him so I threw him in the tub. Then I got the girls in the shower and cleaned up the living room. Everything was pulled out because of the new TV. We sent the kids to bed and then cuddled and watched our new TV.

Monday: Another start to another school week. The girls were pulling the I'm going to play instead of getting ready for school. So I had to keep redirecting them all morning. They got to school on time. Then we went through some bags of clothes that were dropped off to us for CJ over the weekend by a friend. Most of it won't fit him for a while. I did more laundry. CJ went down for a nap. I vacuumed and prepared for our PAT (Parents As Teacher's) visit. CJ got up from his nap and I fed him lunch. Then Claudia (for the PAT) called to reschedule our visit. So now I've got a nice clean apartment. Claudia is supposed to come tomorrow instead. Joe took my car to work so I had to walk to pick up the girls from school. It was cold out there. We came home and the girls did their homework. When Joe came home from work he took the girls outside to play and CJ and I took a little siesta. Then we had dinner. We put the kids to bed and Joe and I watched a little TV. Then I showered and when I came out Joe and I got the fundraiser money ready for deposit finally. I had counted it, but I wanted a second pair of eyes to count it for me and also Joe adds up the checks on the printable calculator for me.

Tuesday: This morning was breakfast at school for parents, students and staff. A free breakfast they do once a month. So we got up and went to that. The kids always eat like they've never eaten before when we go. I had to make sure Kaitlyn dressed warmly for today because she has a field trip to the library and McDonald's. They are walking. Even though it's spring the weather did not get that memo as it's only in the 30's. We sent the kids up to their classrooms once breakfast was done and my PTA VP and I spoke to the principal about our upcoming Scholastic Book Fair next week. I also needed to speak to him about the Airborne Jugglers who are coming on Friday and where to keep our Avon Fundraiser that's coming in next week as well. Once I spoke to him I went up to the office to put some stuff in a few teacher's mailboxes and check the PTA mail. Then I went to the bank to finally deposit the fundraiser money. After that Joe and I went to Home Depot to try and find a new belt for my vacuum. After wandering around for half an hour not finding it or anyone to help us we finally found the belts. None of them would fit though. Oh and of course then an employee asked if he could help us. Yeah, too little too late. So we left there and went to Sears Hardware. We found a belt that we thought would fit, but then we were looking at the vacuums. We ended up buying a whole new vacuum instead. It has a hepa filter which is great for my allergies. It was on sale too. Hopefully it lasts. We came home and Joe put together my new vacuum. I vacuumed the carpet I had just vacuumed the day before and picked up so much more dirt. Hard to believe what an awful job our old vacuum was doing. I checked my e-mail and found out we were getting a refund from our stay at the Roach Motel a month ago. CJ got up from his nap and had lunch. Then Claudia came over for her PAT visit. She was here for an hour and we discussed CJ's communication or possible lack there of. She assured me that he's doing okay and reminded me that being the 3rd child he doesn't really need to talk. Everyone else is doing it for him. Once she left I did a few things around the house and then went to pick the girls up from school. I came home and called the parents who volunteered to help out at next weeks book fair. I'm hopeful that people show up when they said they would. Worked out the schedule for that and I only have one day I'm a little unsure about. I tried to catch up on my recorded soaps and made some dinner for the kids. CJ fell asleep on the floor in the living room. I had to wake him up to get him ready for bed. I figured that was a good time to send the kids to bed. Then I worked on some plans for Kaitlyn's birthday party. That's coming up in 2 weeks.

Wednesday: Playgroup day again! We brought Joe to work in the morning then back home to get the girls ready for school and CJ for playgroup. We ran out of the house to the school. I think the girls made it just on time. CJ and I went down to the library for playgroup. He was in a very good mood today. Played with the Little People and dinosaurs. Even helped clean up at clean up time. He wouldn't eat snack though (cheese). He was feeding it to me though, awwww. After snack was story time. He was too busy making googly eyes at an older little girl though to pay attention to the story. The kids were all a little wound up today actually. We then did our goodbye circle/song. CJ participated this time. He went in and in and in and out and out and out and down and down and down and up and up and up like all the other boys and girls. He's getting so big. Then it was time for bye bye and he got his coat on and waved goodbye to everyone. I went up to the copy room to make some quick copies telling the teachers to sign up for Book Fair. Then to the office to put those copies in the teacher's mailboxes. I got stopped by the schools speech therapist about Kaitlyn. She wants to start taking Kaitlyn out of her classroom like three times a week for ten minutes at a time to do some work on the computer with her and phonemic awareness. She caught me off guard and now I have all sorts of questions. Why? What does she need help with? Is this going to help her reading? How will this help her reading? I'll try to see if her teacher has some of these answers for me. I talked to my PTA treasurer for a few then came home and put CJ down for a nap. While he was sleeping I worked on the template for Kaitlyn's Fairy Tea Party invitations. CJ got up from his nap and I fed him lunch. Then we hung around till it was time to pick the girls up from school. When I went to get the girls from school my friend asked me if I could take her kids Friday afternoon. Her aunt passed away the other day and she has to go to a wake. So I of course told her no problem. We came home and the girls did their homework. Natalie took forever. She had a room to clean too before she could do anything else. We had to go pick Joe up from work. So we did that and came home. The girls cleaned their rooms and I did dishes and started dinner. After dinner Joe played Monopoly on the computer with the girls and CJ and I played with his shape sorter or whatever else he decided he wanted to play with. CJ also accomplished something new today. He took his diaper and put it in the garbage when I told him to. He was so proud of himself and gave himself a hand. We put everyone to bed and then Joe and I watched TV. Then I washed dishes, showered, and went to bed.

Thursday: Got up and brought Joe to work. My PTA VP called a couple of times to discuss book fair and fundraiser fliers which are to go out today. She wanted to find out what I wanted on them. So we talked for a little while. Then I called the school to talk to the principal about the enrichment program coming on Friday and what the schedule looks like. I'm a little disappointed that the younger children aren't going to get a workshop and learn how to juggle. They are all getting to see the show though. I still think it should be lots of fun. I discussed some Book Fair stuff with him and also about the fundraiser. He's going to find us another place to store the Avon when we're not there. That puts my mind at ease. The girls were ready early so I brought them to school and figured I'd catch my PTA VP so I could tell her what I had discussed with the principal. I did catch her in the copy room. So we chatted again some more and then we got stuck in the copy room because the 2nd grade was in the hall looking at some chickens that one of the teacher's brought in to share. CJ was very interested in that. We managed to sneak out of there and stopped in the Pre-K classroom because they had some clothes that were donated that they wanted to let us look through for our children. I got some summer stuff for CJ. Hopefully it will fit him this summer anyways. Then we came home and I fed CJ breakfast. I cleaned up the kitchen a little and put CJ down for his nap and picked up all the toys in the living room. Then I had to pick Joe up from work. We came home and CJ had lunch and his PT came over. His PT was happy we are staying. She's going to have a ST come out to evaluate our concerns with his language. After she left we went to pick the girls up from school. Then we went to buy a birthday present for a party the girls are going to on Saturday. We came home and ordered a pizza. The girls did their homework. After we put everyone to bed I worked on Kaitlyn's birthday party invitations. I got those done to hand out. Then I worked on getting some pictures off my camera so I can record the juggler tomorrow.

Friday: The kids actually got up for a change on their own. They were making all sorts of noise. So I got up and showed Kaitlyn her invitations. She really liked them. So I put them in the envelopes and addressed them to each of her friends so she could put them in her backpack and bring to school today. We brought them to school along with a bunch of stuff I have for the FRC's tag sale. We then watched the Airborne Juggler performance. It was great! We came home and I searched for my cameras charger. Thankfully I found it. We put CJ down for a nap and then watched some of our recordings. CJ got up from his nap and I fed him lunch. When I was getting him out I noticed all the crumbs under the cushion so I took that off to wash and vacuumed off his high chair. Then I went to the Redbox to get the movie Bolt for the kids to watch tonight along with their friends who are coming over. I picked the girls up from school and came home to put dinner in the crock pot. Then I cleaned up the kitchen. Joe left for work (he wasn't supposed to work, but he got some overtime). My friend brought her three children over for me to watch while she went to a wake. The kids were great. We went out to play for a little while and then had our dinner. Everyone cleaned their plate except for one of them, but he almost finished it all. I then popped some popcorn and put the movie on. My friend called shortly after 7 to see if I wouldn't mind keeping her kids a little longer they wanted to go out to eat. I said no problem we had just started watching the movie anyways. They all quietly sat and watched the movie. Joe came home with about 20 minutes left of the movie. My friend called again to say they hadn't been served dinner yet, but as soon as they were they would be here to pick up the kids. Once the movie ended this was a crazy house. Joe got the kids all riled up of course. Finally around 9:30 everyone settled down though. Almost 10 my friend showed up to pick up the kids. We chatted for a few and they left. We put the kids to bed. I was exhausted and ready to go to bed myself actually.

Saturday: We got woken up shortly after 7 by the phone ringing. It was Joe's work wanting him to come in. They didn't realize it was his only day off though and he couldn't work. So he had to tell them no. We couldn't go back to sleep after that though. And slowly the rest of the children started waking up. So we hung around the house all morning. I wrapped the birthday presents the girls got for their friends party. I showered and ate lunch and brought the girls to their party for 2. We left them there while I went to pay for the Avon Fundraiser finally. Also got my Avon. Then we went to Good Will and Salvation Army to try to find a tea set. We had no luck. We headed back to pick the girls up at their party and ended up staying there for another 4 hours. The kids had some pizza while we were there and Joe and I went to Subway after we left to get something to eat. We came home and put the kids to bed and then ate our Subway and watched TV.

Check out more Week In Review posts!

0 comments: